Job Description SummaryAs a Vice President, Sales working for Taylor Morrison you will be a strategic business partner working side by side with other key departmental leads while providing leadership to your sales team in efforts to exceeding sales and closing goals. You are part of the leadership team and have an exciting opportunity to help a person’s dream of owning a TM home come true.
We trust that as a Vice President, Sales you will: (responsibilities)
- Develop, monitor and maintain sales plans for each assigned community, with Division President
- Train and coach sales associates in selling skills on a continuing basis
- Recruit, motivate and evaluate Sales Staff
- Gather and analyze competitive data and generate market analysis
- Drive and manage the internet sales program
- Maintain MLS listings for the division
- Assist in land acquisition process. Identify buyer profiles, contribute to product development, determine specification levels, and analyze competitive market position of new land purchases
- Responsible for sales office permitting, tenant improvements, and installation
- Oversee model home complex design, merchandising, and installation
- Prepare and manage annual budget for sales/marketing department
- Manage and develop escrow staff, interface with Title Companies and Taylor Morrison in house lender services
- Manage and develop architecture staff and manage relationships with outside architects
- Daily involvement in pricing and incentive programs for the division
- In depth, broad knowledge of Phoenix markets including buyer demographics, geography, submarkets, employment centers, and consumer preferences
- Establish, implement and regularly evaluate effectiveness of sales associate compensation program.
- Maintain and manage customer backlog
- Interface with customers and manage escalated customer issues
- Develop and implement community marketing, advertising programs and merchandising programs
- Establish effective working relationships with external sales representatives and marketing vendors
- Resolve issues pertaining to contracts or other administrative functions
- Act as the Designated Broker for all selling efforts (where applicable by state)
- You are willing to perform other duties as assigned
What you will need: (competencies, behaviors & attributes)
- Business Acumen
- Customer Focus
- Developing Direct Reports and Others
- Drive for Results
- Priority Setting
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field
- A minimum of 10 years direct sales management experience in the homebuilding industry, preferably managing a sales team with sales in excess of 600 annually
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Demonstrated success in sales AND marketing
- Computer literate
FLSA Status: Exempt
Will have responsibilities such as:
- Interviewing, selecting, and training employees;
- Setting rates of pay and hours of work;
- Appraising productivity; handling employee grievances or complaints, or disciplining employees;
- Determining work techniques;
- Planning the work;
- Apportioning work among employees;
- Determining the types of equipment to be used in performing work, or materials needed;
- Planning budgets for work;
- Monitoring work for legal or regulatory compliance;
- Providing for safety and security of the workplace
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Report to Division/Corporate Office/Community daily and adhere to schedule
- Ability to oversee direct reports daily and provide guidance as needed
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device
- Ability to have face to face conversations with customers, co-workers and higher level manager
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and move around work environment as needed
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle
- Comply with company policies and procedure
- Must be able to able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time
- The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
*Taylor Morrison experience and/or successful completion of training program may override required education and/or experience requirement.
Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.
Benefits of Working With Taylor Morrison
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the customer - and their needs - first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Welcome to the Taylor Morrison, Inc. Career Portal
In order to be the best in the industry, you have to surround yourself with the best people. At Taylor Morrison, Inc., we are committed to being the best North American homebuilder as measured by our employees, customers, shareholders, and business partners.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Taylor Morrison Home Corporation operates in the U.S. under the Taylor Morrison and Darling Homes brands. Taylor Morrison is a builder and developer of single-family detached and attached homes serving a wide array of customers including first-time, move-up, luxury, and active adult customers. Taylor Morrison divisions operate in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina and Texas. Darling Homes serves move-up and luxury homebuyers in Texas. In addition, Taylor Morrison also offers home financing though Taylor Morrison Home Funding, providing professional and knowledgeable home mortgage options.
Taylor Morrison, Inc. is always looking for dedicated professionals who share our values. Please use our Career Portal to view current job openings and apply for positions online.
Thank you for considering a career with Taylor Morrison, Inc.!
For more information about Taylor Morrison please visit www.taylormorrison.com.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R0004672