Job Description SummaryThe Title Administrator will responsible to order and examine title searches (abstract of title) in accordance with company and local division examining procedures to determine the status of title. Obtaining documents required for home closings by Inspired Title and involved parties in set timeframe. Outlining encumbrances and seeks out actions required to clear title. Prepares and issues title commitments and policies. Reads and checks HUD/settlement statement for necessary info and errors. And developing and maintaining good relationships with partnered/contracted parties.
We trust that as a Title Administrator you will: (responsibilities)
- Ensuring compliance with all applicable state and federal rules, regulations and guidelines
- Tracking and managing contracts for potential closings estimated by (builder), (mortgage), and outside lenders
- Order and receive title searches and supporting documents from title plants
- Examine title searches and supporting documents (deeds, mortgages, liens, judgments, easements, plat books, maps, contracts, and agreements) according to agency & underwriting procedures and guidelines
- Create and deliver title commitments to the proposed insureds in the required timeframe
- Create and deliver policies to the proposed insureds in the required timeframe
- Review final HUD-1 to ensure accuracy of fees & information for final policies
- Manage changes or updates to title commitments prior to closing
- Create notices of termination, where required, and facilitate the execution by an authorized party and delivery to the closing office for recordation
- Create title premium invoice and closing protection letters (CPL’s) for each closing
- Act as the main contact for your division’s respective closing offices
- Daily updates of spreadsheets/logs/reports ensuring they are current and accurate
- Coordinate with builder, lenders and escrow offices to ensure closings are properly tracked, closed and funded
- Order final survey certifications and receive and review a final certified boundary survey for each closing
- Complete monthly closed reports in a timely fashion
- Cooperate and assist with all future audits and title claims
- Any other duty deemed pertinent to the position senior management may require through future operational changes
- You are willing to perform other duties as assigned
What you will need: (competencies, behaviors & attributes)
- Detail Oriented
- Ethics & Integrity
- Organization Skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years of abstractor or title search related experience
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to follow instruction, adapt to changing environments, and the ability to work within a team
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook/Email, Excel, and Title Software (SoftPro Select a plus)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Will have responsibilities such as:
- This position is considered a non-exempt position for purposes of wage-hour law, which means that you will be required to keep a time record and will be eligible for overtime pay.
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Report to Division/Corporate Office/Community daily and adhere to schedule
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device
- Ability to have face to face conversations with customers, co-workers and higher level manager
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and move around work environment as needed
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle if applicable
- Comply with company policies and procedure
- Must be able to able to remain in a stationary position up to 50% of the time
- The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
*Taylor Morrison experience and/or successful completion of training program may override required education and/or experience requirement.
Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.
Benefits of Working With Taylor Morrison
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the customer - and their needs - first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Welcome to the Taylor Morrison, Inc. Career Portal
In order to be the best in the industry, you have to surround yourself with the best people. At Taylor Morrison, Inc., we are committed to being the best North American homebuilder as measured by our employees, customers, shareholders, and business partners.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Taylor Morrison Home Corporation operates in the U.S. under the Taylor Morrison and Darling Homes brands. Taylor Morrison is a builder and developer of single-family detached and attached homes serving a wide array of customers including first-time, move-up, luxury, and active adult customers. Taylor Morrison divisions operate in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina and Texas. Darling Homes serves move-up and luxury homebuyers in Texas. In addition, Taylor Morrison also offers home financing though Taylor Morrison Home Funding, providing professional and knowledgeable home mortgage options.
Taylor Morrison, Inc. is always looking for dedicated professionals who share our values. Please use our Career Portal to view current job openings and apply for positions online.
Thank you for considering a career with Taylor Morrison, Inc.!
For more information about Taylor Morrison please visit www.taylormorrison.com.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R0004134-1