Job Description SummaryAs a Superintendent working for Taylor Morrison you will provide leadership in your assigned community(ies) and will be responsible for managing the homebuilding construction process for assigned homes to ensure timely completion while meeting financial, quality, safety and customer satisfaction goals. The Superintendent responsibilities span a broad spectrum to include project planning/scheduling, resource allocation and subcontractor relations, cost management, safety and compliance, quality, and customer satisfaction.
We trust that as a Superintendent you will: (responsibilities)
- Responsible for leading the overall homebuilding process
- Foster a team environment
- Build and maintain positive subcontractor relations
- Continually evaluate quality, safety, scheduling and cost control measures and enforce the site safety
- May provide mentoring of team members
- Manage the construction schedule and ensures that the highest quality product is delivered on time and within budget
- Develops and implements recovery strategies to maintain schedule, authorize payment for materials received and work completed
- Provide clear answers to buyers about how the home is built, ensure the overall condition of the home at move in is satisfactory to the home buyers
- Provide outstanding level of customer service at all times
- Home is completed by original date provided to homebuyer
- Ensures that the worksite is clean, orderly and visually appealing to customers during construction
- Manage the post-close process for warranty to include assessing warranty requests, determining course of action, scheduling trades, and managing quality assurance
- You are willing to perform other duties as assigned
What you will need: (competencies, behaviors & attributes)
- Customer Service Focused
- Team Player
- You have at a minimum: High School Diploma/GED with 1+ years of Construction experience (preferably with a production builder) or have successfully completed the assigned TM360 Learning curriculum if applicable. Bachelor’s degree in Construction or related field preferred
- Must possess demonstrated knowledge of new home construction process, scheduling and cost control procedures
- Must be able to read, understand and interpret construction documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedules, with knowledge of all phases of new homes construction
- You are proficient in all Microsoft Office Applications as well as have savvy computer skills
- You are a strong in communication skills both oral and written as well as strong in organization skills
- You are customer service oriented and believe customer is number one priority
- You understand the need to be flexible and prioritize tasks in order to meet deadlines
- You are willing to perform other duties as assigned
FLSA Status: Exempt
Will have responsibilities such as:
- Office or non-manual work, which is directly related to management or general business operations
- Act as a primary component of which involves the exercise of independent judgment and discretion about matters of significance
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Report to Division/Corporate Office/Community daily and adhere to schedule
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device
- Ability to have face to face conversations with customers, co-workers and higher level manager
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and move around work environment as needed
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle if applicable
- Comply with company policies and procedure
- Must be able to able to remain in a stationary position up to 50% of the time
- The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
*Taylor Morrison experience and/or successful completion of training program may override required education and/or experience requirement.
Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.
Benefits of Working With Taylor Morrison
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the customer - and their needs - first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Welcome to the Taylor Morrison, Inc. Career Portal
In order to be the best in the industry, you have to surround yourself with the best people. At Taylor Morrison, Inc., we are committed to being the best North American homebuilder as measured by our employees, customers, shareholders, and business partners.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Taylor Morrison Home Corporation operates in the U.S. under the Taylor Morrison and Darling Homes brands. Taylor Morrison is a builder and developer of single-family detached and attached homes serving a wide array of customers including first-time, move-up, luxury, and active adult customers. Taylor Morrison divisions operate in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina and Texas. Darling Homes serves move-up and luxury homebuyers in Texas. In addition, Taylor Morrison also offers home financing though Taylor Morrison Home Funding, providing professional and knowledgeable home mortgage options.
Taylor Morrison, Inc. is always looking for dedicated professionals who share our values. Please use our Career Portal to view current job openings and apply for positions online.
Thank you for considering a career with Taylor Morrison, Inc.!
For more information about Taylor Morrison please visit www.taylormorrison.com.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R0004648