Sr. Title Examiner
Job Description Summary* Taylor Morrison, recognized as America's Most Trusted Home Builder, has an opening for a Senior Title Examiner for their Financial Services Title Department. The right candidate will be responsible for examining all types of title orders, including builder, residential retail, commercial and acreage orders, within company guidelines to determine the conditions of the title and insurability, by considering the effect of documents such as deeds, deeds of trust, mechanics liens, tax liens, judgments, assessments, probates and other matters of record. Also, the Title Examiner shall create and maintain good relationships with internal and external parties and shall, through actions and conduct, create a positive image of the company, to co-workers, customers and others.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Research, analyze and evaluate pertinent record documents for determination of ownership, legal descriptions, and any matters pertaining to title, using respective title plant software, including, but not limited to, geographic information, property surveys and legal description, title orders, customer information, ownership histories, physical address, terrorist watch list and name searches. This includes new home construction, residential retail, commercial and acreage (unimproved land) transactions.
- Recognize title defects and formulate curative actions.
- Assess risks and liabilities that may jeopardize the company, and bring these matters to the attention of the local title manager or senior management, as appropriate.
- Make all basic underwriting decisions within established guidelines and act as liaison with various underwriting counsel as appropriate.
- Prepare an accurate and compressive title commitment in accordance with company examining and policy procedures.
- Maintain proper production levels and delivery standards on a daily basis.
- Review surveys prepared on properties, if applicable.
- Work closely with the customer and escrow staff to meet time requirements for closing, and assist with answering questions; e.g., chain of title, exceptions, and requirements.
- Updates title and judgment searches; ensures timely processing of associated documents, etc.
- Assist policy department to insure company is in compliance with state insurance regulations.
- Perform other duties assigned by manager.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent; eight (8) years of title search, examination and curative experience/or training involving raw land, residential and commercial matters; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Licensed, where applicable.
- Proficiency in local title plant search systems (such as Integrity and Title Data) and products in major metropolitan state counties.
- Experience using title systems such as SoftPro, Ramquest, ResWare, etc.
Benefits of Working With Taylor Morrison
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the customer - and their needs - first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Welcome to the Taylor Morrison, Inc. Career Portal
In order to be the best in the industry, you have to surround yourself with the best people. At Taylor Morrison, Inc., we are committed to being the best North American homebuilder as measured by our employees, customers, shareholders, and business partners.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Taylor Morrison Home Corporation operates in the U.S. under the Taylor Morrison and Darling Homes brands. Taylor Morrison is a builder and developer of single-family detached and attached homes serving a wide array of customers including first-time, move-up, luxury, and active adult customers. Taylor Morrison divisions operate in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina and Texas. Darling Homes serves move-up and luxury homebuyers in Texas. In addition, Taylor Morrison also offers home financing though Taylor Morrison Home Funding, providing professional and knowledgeable home mortgage options.
Taylor Morrison, Inc. is always looking for dedicated professionals who share our values. Please use our Career Portal to view current job openings and apply for positions online.
Thank you for considering a career with Taylor Morrison, Inc.!
For more information about Taylor Morrison please visit www.taylormorrison.com.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R0002821