Sr. Graphic Designer
Job Description SummarySenior Graphic Designer
As a Senior Graphic Designer working for Taylor Morrison you will be working with a team with an array of backgrounds ranging from marketing and social media, to journalism, communications and public relations. We’re just as creative as we are strategic, and we have the most fun when we get to be both at the same time. We pride ourselves on telling Taylor Morrison’s story to all of our stakeholders-employees, shareholders, homebuyers and the media alike-and now we’re looking for a graphic design extraordinaire to help bring these stories to life with creative design.
As a Senior Graphic Designer for Taylor Morrison, you’ll capture the hearts and minds of consumers across the country with next-level design and advertising. This brand-new position will be charged with helping to create national and regional advertisements and corporate communications for Taylor Morrison’s 17 divisions nationwide. Taylor Morrison is a customer-centric company with a clear focus on the needs and expectations of our customers-a group that is diverse and fragmented with high aspirations-which is where you come in. We need an innovative artist who understands and appreciates today’s consumer trends.
We trust that as a Senior Graphic Designer you will: (responsibilities)
- Collaborate with team to develop clear and compelling concepts, based on a deep understanding of products, services and target audience, to drive toward successful achievement of business objectives; design and execute strong and compelling creative, driven by strategy, for various mediums including digital, interactive and email communications. Designing banner ads, social media graphics, print, web and advertising campaigns, direct mail, logos, sales collateral, presentations, newsletters and branding/identity
- Participate actively in brainstorming sessions to drive development of powerful conceptual solutions; develop and present creative ideas based on input from communications and marketing teams
- Manage multiple projects and adhere to established schedules, ensuring quality standards are met; adhere to production requirements while working with outside vendors; organize and maintain library of key art, logos and content updates
- Consistently apply and enforce brand and style guidelines; ensure compliance with all internal policies and federal/ state/local regulations regarding marketing materials
- You are willing to perform other duties as assigned
What you will need: (competencies, behaviors & attributes)
- Decision Making
- Problem Solving
- Team Player
- Five (5) years of professional experience as a designer in-house, or with a marketing or advertising agency
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Visual Communications or other related field
- A thorough understanding of web-based technologies including HTML and a proficiency in software programs such as InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator on a Mac-based platform
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite
- Print and digital design experience
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office Applications
- Strong in communication skills both oral and written as well as strong in organization skills
- Customer service oriented
- Understand the need to be flexible and prioritize tasks in order to meet deadlines
- Exceptional design aesthetics with type, color and page layout design
- Exceptional conceptual and strategic thinking skills
- Proven ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships
- Understanding of technical constraints of digital platforms
- Photography and Photoshop skills are a plus
FLSA Status: Exempt
Will have responsibilities such as:
- Office or non-manual work, which is directly related to management or general business operations
- Act as a primary component of which involves the exercise of independent judgment and discretion about matters of significance
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Report to Division/Corporate Office/Community daily and adhere to schedule
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device
- Ability to have face to face conversations with customers, co-workers and higher level manager
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and move around work environment as needed
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle if applicable
- Comply with company policies and procedure
- Must be able to able to remain in a stationary position up to 50% of the time
- The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
*Taylor Morrison experience and/or successful completion of training program may override required education and/or experience requirement.
Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.
Benefits of Working With Taylor Morrison
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the customer - and their needs - first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Welcome to the Taylor Morrison, Inc. Career Portal
In order to be the best in the industry, you have to surround yourself with the best people. At Taylor Morrison, Inc., we are committed to being the best North American homebuilder as measured by our employees, customers, shareholders, and business partners.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Taylor Morrison Home Corporation operates in the U.S. under the Taylor Morrison and Darling Homes brands. Taylor Morrison is a builder and developer of single-family detached and attached homes serving a wide array of customers including first-time, move-up, luxury, and active adult customers. Taylor Morrison divisions operate in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina and Texas. Darling Homes serves move-up and luxury homebuyers in Texas. In addition, Taylor Morrison also offers home financing though Taylor Morrison Home Funding, providing professional and knowledgeable home mortgage options.
Taylor Morrison, Inc. is always looking for dedicated professionals who share our values. Please use our Career Portal to view current job openings and apply for positions online.
Thank you for considering a career with Taylor Morrison, Inc.!
For more information about Taylor Morrison please visit www.taylormorrison.com.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R0004653