Job Description SummaryWe are searching for the right candidate to join our team as a Senior Superintendent for our Sacramento Division.
The Senior Superintendent (or Senior Construction manager, Site Manager) provides leadership in their assigned community(ies) and is responsible for managing the homebuilding construction process for multiple communities in a master plan to ensure timely completion while meeting financial, quality, safety and customer satisfaction goals. The Senior Superintendent responsibilities span a broad spectrum to include project planning/scheduling, resource allocation and subcontractor relations, cost management, safety and compliance, quality, and customer satisfaction.
Job Responsibilities and Activities:
* Provides leadership. Fosters a team environment to ensure that effective communication, coordination of activities, and effective problem solving can occur. Builds and maintains positive subcontractor relations. Ensures that subcontractors are managed and continually evaluated on quality, safety, scheduling and cost control measures. Enforces the site safety program and ensures subcontractor compliance with Company standards and all applicable safety codes and regulations. Serves as an expert level resource and may provide leadership and guidance to both Superintendents and Assistant Superintendent(s). Responsible for leading the overall homebuilding process.
* Responsible for construction. Provides a superior level of customer service during pre-construction meetings, new home demonstration/delivery, and post-close warranty issues. Corrective items are completed within promised time frames. Ensures buyers are satisfied with the construction process. Provides clear answers to buyers about how the home is built. Utilizes the highest level of knowledge and expertise to build and deliver quality homes ensuring the overall condition of the home at move in is satisfactory to the home buyers. Manages the construction schedule and ensures that the highest quality product is delivered on time and within budget. Creates schedules and determines sequencing of work. Develops and implements recovery strategies to maintain schedule. May authorize payment for materials received and work completed and supply company invoices as required by accounts payable.
* Performs homeowner orientation. Provides timely response and follow through on homeowner questions and requests. Allows homeowners adequate time to inspect their new home and ensure overall satisfaction with orientation. Home is completely by original date provided to the homebuyers.
* Responsible for home readiness. Ensures that the worksite is clean, orderly and visually appealing to customers during construction. Ensures homebuyers are comfortable with the number and scope of corrective items. Ensures homebuyers overall satisfaction with home readiness and condition of the home at orientation. May manage the post-close process for warranty to include assessing warranty requests, determining course of action, scheduling trades, and managing quality assurance.
EDUCATION: Minimum: HS Diploma or GED
Preferred: Bachelor's Degree
Additional Notes: Bachelor’s Degree in Construction, Business or other related field preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum Relevant Experience: 2 + years
Additional Experience / Notes: If candidate has a Bachelor’s degree but less than 2 years’ experience, they may be considered
Preferred Relevant Experience: 5 + years
Additional Experience / Notes: Experience in production homebuilding preferred.
Prior Supervisory Experience: None Required
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES: Minimum Certifications & Licenses: None
Preferred Certifications & Licenses:None
MINIMUM SKILLS: Must possess demonstrated knowledge of new home construction process, scheduling and cost control procedures. Must be able to read, understand and interpret construction documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedules, with knowledge of all phases of new homes construction.
PREFERRED SKILLS: Demonstrated organizational and problem solving skills and ability to adapt to changing needs. Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment. Proficient written and verbal communication abilities. Proficiency with computer applications and ability to adapt to Company applications. Highly customer-service oriented. Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
Benefits of Working With Taylor Morrison
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the customer - and their needs - first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Welcome to the Taylor Morrison, Inc. Career Portal
In order to be the best in the industry, you have to surround yourself with the best people. At Taylor Morrison, Inc., we are committed to being the best North American homebuilder as measured by our employees, customers, shareholders, and business partners.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Taylor Morrison Home Corporation operates in the U.S. under the Taylor Morrison and Darling Homes brands. Taylor Morrison is a builder and developer of single-family detached and attached homes serving a wide array of customers including first-time, move-up, luxury, and active adult customers. Taylor Morrison divisions operate in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina and Texas. Darling Homes serves move-up and luxury homebuyers in Texas. In addition, Taylor Morrison also offers home financing though Taylor Morrison Home Funding, providing professional and knowledgeable home mortgage options.
Taylor Morrison, Inc. is always looking for dedicated professionals who share our values. Please use our Career Portal to view current job openings and apply for positions online.
Thank you for considering a career with Taylor Morrison, Inc.!
For more information about Taylor Morrison please visit www.taylormorrison.com.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R0003144-1