Senior Purchasing Agent
Job Description SummaryAs a Senior Purchasing Agent working for Taylor Morrison you will be responsible for entering into negotiations with suppliers by reviewing terms and conditions, establishing pricing, contract formulation, and any supplier management conditions affecting the division.
We trust that as a Senior Purchasing Agent you will: (responsibilities)
- Provide accurate and timely local supplier negotiations and contracting based on defined category selection criteria (i.e., cost, quality, productivity, service)
- Manage supplier performance monitoring within the division (i.e., cost, quality, productivity, service)
- National: manage compliance to agreements, scopes, etc.
- Local: manage and execute contract agreements consistent with sourcing guidelines
- Collaborate with both divisional operations and national purchasing teams
- Manage supplier relationships and assist in resolving issues and conflicts related to daily Trade Partner activities
- Verify estimates of costs and quantities of residential products using comparative and differential estimating techniques
- Responsible for Trade Partner Key Performance Indicator (KPI) measurement and validation
- Performs analysis of Trade Partner data submissions and manages impact of commodity fluctuations
- Communicate completed estimates to the construction personnel, trade subcontractors and vendors
- Develop material and labor optimization solutions using Value Engineering tools and methodology
- Control trade category costs by utilizing Should Cost methodology
- Responsible for assigned Project Tracker categories and rebate capture.
- Develop and implement division specific tools and methodologies for estimating and controlling trade category costs as required
- Develop scopes and standard operating procedures that assure Trade Partner compliance with Taylor Morrison construction standards, local, state and national building codes, and safety regulations
- Complete necessary custom option estimates
- Be highly approachable and displays a positive approach to both work and internal customers
- Have strong project management and leadership skills, ability to effectively manage multiple projects
- Follow Taylor Morrison business processes for supplier management
- You are willing to perform other duties as assigned
What you will need: (competencies, behaviors & attributes)
- Ethics & Integrity
- Independent Worker
About you: (requirements)
- Preferred 5-7 years of Purchasing or Construction experience in the homebuilding industry
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent desired
- Extensive knowledge of shell (foundations, framing, etc.) and mechanical trades (electrical, plumbing, HVAC, etc.)
- Proficient in math with basic finance knowledge
- Able to read and interpret blueprints
- Able to meet and coordinate with Builders and Construction Mangers in the field
- Organized and able to multi task with attention to detail
- Takes initiative and displays a sense of urgency - is highly responsive to business needs and unexpected situations that emerge
- Ability to partner effectively with all levels of employees
- Residential Construction License preferred
- Ability to travel, if necessary
- Ability to use with ease the Microsoft suite of solutions
- Knowledge of Newstar, BuildPro and PlanSwift is preferred
Benefits of Working With Taylor Morrison
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the customer - and their needs - first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Welcome to the Taylor Morrison, Inc. Career Portal
In order to be the best in the industry, you have to surround yourself with the best people. At Taylor Morrison, Inc., we are committed to being the best North American homebuilder as measured by our employees, customers, shareholders, and business partners.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Taylor Morrison Home Corporation operates in the U.S. under the Taylor Morrison and Darling Homes brands. Taylor Morrison is a builder and developer of single-family detached and attached homes serving a wide array of customers including first-time, move-up, luxury, and active adult customers. Taylor Morrison divisions operate in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina and Texas. Darling Homes serves move-up and luxury homebuyers in Texas. In addition, Taylor Morrison also offers home financing though Taylor Morrison Home Funding, providing professional and knowledgeable home mortgage options.
Taylor Morrison, Inc. is always looking for dedicated professionals who share our values. Please use our Career Portal to view current job openings and apply for positions online.
Thank you for considering a career with Taylor Morrison, Inc.!
For more information about Taylor Morrison please visit www.taylormorrison.com.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R0003247