Senior Project Designer
Job Description SummaryAs a Cad Designer III (Sr. Project Designer) working for Taylor Morrison you will provide design of Elevations and support Product Development as needed for new plan and elevation design blockouts. Support CAD Designers with plan reviews and QC support for custom and standard plans. You will provide support and guidance to CAD Designers on projects to maintain Darling Homes high standard for design. You will also be responsible for production of full construction documents along with other duties as needed.
We trust that as a CAD Designer III you will: (responsibilities)
- Have a good design eye and be up on current market trends. Provide support with elevation and plan design to CAD Designers as needed
- Provide QC review support to CAD Designers as needed to maintain Darling Homes plan standard
- Guide CAD Designer Team in the creation of new plans and elevations as needed
- Produce full construction documents from sketch phase through completion in AutoCAD. Work directly with Product Development for implementation of specifications to all plans
- Create personalized plans for the highest level of customer’s (level 3 ACR’s). Work closely with Community Sales Managers to ensure that a customer’s vision is implemented in the best practice of design. Conduct phone or skype calls with customers as needed to meet customers design intent. Document revisions performed and hours billed to distribute to the organization
- You are willing to perform other duties as assigned
What you will need: (competencies, behaviors & attributes)
- Critical/Analytical Thinking
- Customer Service Oriented
- Highly Motivated
- Positive Attitude
- Quick Learner
About you: (requirements)
- Degree in Architecture or Interior Design prefered
- Project Management certification helpful
- AutoCAD training and basic computer skills required
- 6+ years of residential AutoCAD Architecture experience
- VisionREZ experience very helpful
- Must possess ability to produce full construction documents from a hand sketch of a floor plan and elevation
- Knowledge of homebuilding industry required
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Must possess good communication skills
- Must be able to set priorities and react to time-critical work
FLSA Status: Exempt
Will have responsibilities such as:
- Office or non-manual work, which is directly related to management or general business operations
- Act as a primary component of which involves the exercise of independent judgment and discretion about matters of significance
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Report to Division/Corporate Office/Community daily and adhere to schedule
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device
- Ability to have face to face conversations with customers, co-workers and higher level manager
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and move around work environment as needed
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle if applicable
- Comply with company policies and procedure
- Must be able to able to remain in a stationary position up to 50% of the time
- The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
*Taylor Morrison experience and/or successful completion of training program may override required education and/or experience requirement.
Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.
Benefits of Working With Taylor Morrison
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the customer - and their needs - first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Welcome to the Taylor Morrison, Inc. Career Portal
In order to be the best in the industry, you have to surround yourself with the best people. At Taylor Morrison, Inc., we are committed to being the best North American homebuilder as measured by our employees, customers, shareholders, and business partners.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Taylor Morrison Home Corporation operates in the U.S. under the Taylor Morrison and Darling Homes brands. Taylor Morrison is a builder and developer of single-family detached and attached homes serving a wide array of customers including first-time, move-up, luxury, and active adult customers. Taylor Morrison divisions operate in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina and Texas. Darling Homes serves move-up and luxury homebuyers in Texas. In addition, Taylor Morrison also offers home financing though Taylor Morrison Home Funding, providing professional and knowledgeable home mortgage options.
Taylor Morrison, Inc. is always looking for dedicated professionals who share our values. Please use our Career Portal to view current job openings and apply for positions online.
Thank you for considering a career with Taylor Morrison, Inc.!
For more information about Taylor Morrison please visit www.taylormorrison.com.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R0003445