Job Description SummaryAs a Senior Paralegal working for Taylor Morrison you will be responsible for supporting and assisting in-house legal staff in the management of the company’s legal affairs. Drafts, retrieves, reviews and/or analyzes documents including pleadings, and reports. Performs legal and investigative research. Performs general transactional assistance. Performs assistance in all aspects of due diligence investigations and litigation management including discovery, scheduling, court filings, document/file review, analysis and management. Interacts with outside public and private agencies, corporations, law firms, property owners, etc. Manages in-house legal library, references, other resources and special projects.
We trust that as a Senior Paralegal you will: (responsibilities)
- Assists in drafting general correspondence, contracts, pleadings and other legal documents
- Files, records and/or research as needed
- Assists in researching, retrieving documents for and preparing responses as needed
- Review, analyze and prepare chronologies, minutes, and due diligence reports
- Create, organize and manages electronic and hard copy files
- Schedules depositions
- Interacts with outside agencies, corporations, firms, etc. to gather information and data
- Orders legal publications, reference materials and handbooks
- Handles all associated billing
- Deliver and picks up documents
- Attends meetings and various other legal and/or business proceedings
- You are willing to perform other duties as assigned
What you will need: (competencies, behaviors & attributes)
- Project Management
- Ethics & Integrity
- Priority Setting
- Associate Degree in paralegal studies; six or more years related experience; an equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted
- Knowledge of the principles, methods and practices of legal research; knowledge of the legal system, including court filing/recording systems, requirements and deadlines
- Knowledge of general paralegal transactional and litigation assistance, and real estate practice as it relates to real property and easement acquisitions, mortgages, and due diligence documents and investigations
- Knowledge of clerical techniques and practices
- Skill in operating a PC and associated Windows environment software (e.g. Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to be courteous and helpful under pressure
FLSA Status: Exempt
Will have responsibilities such as:
- Office or non-manual work, which is directly related to management or general business operations
- Act as a primary component of which involves the exercise of independent judgment and discretion about matters of significance
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Report to Division/Corporate Office/Community daily and adhere to schedule
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device
- Ability to have face to face conversations with customers, co-workers and higher level manager
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and move around work environment as needed
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle if applicable
- Comply with company policies and procedure
- Must be able to able to remain in a stationary position up to 50% of the time
- The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
*Taylor Morrison experience and/or successful completion of training program may override required education and/or experience requirement.
Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.
Benefits of Working With Taylor Morrison
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the customer - and their needs - first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Welcome to the Taylor Morrison, Inc. Career Portal
In order to be the best in the industry, you have to surround yourself with the best people. At Taylor Morrison, Inc., we are committed to being the best North American homebuilder as measured by our employees, customers, shareholders, and business partners.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Taylor Morrison Home Corporation operates in the U.S. under the Taylor Morrison and Darling Homes brands. Taylor Morrison is a builder and developer of single-family detached and attached homes serving a wide array of customers including first-time, move-up, luxury, and active adult customers. Taylor Morrison divisions operate in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina and Texas. Darling Homes serves move-up and luxury homebuyers in Texas. In addition, Taylor Morrison also offers home financing though Taylor Morrison Home Funding, providing professional and knowledgeable home mortgage options.
Taylor Morrison, Inc. is always looking for dedicated professionals who share our values. Please use our Career Portal to view current job openings and apply for positions online.
Thank you for considering a career with Taylor Morrison, Inc.!
For more information about Taylor Morrison please visit www.taylormorrison.com.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R0005093-1