Senior Internal Auditor
Job Description SummaryAs a Senior Internal Auditor working for Taylor Morrison you will work closely with Internal Audit Manager to monitor company’s internal control and risk management activities by conducting audits, performing special projects, serving as an advisor on policy, internal control design, process improvement, and other consultative and investigative efforts. The Senior Internal Auditor, is responsible for assisting in project planning, business process risk assessments, developing audit procedures, and managing the execution of financial, operational, compliance and other special projects, as needed.
We trust that as a Senior Internal Auditor you will: (responsibilities)
- Co-lead the execution of audit procedures related to Sarbanes-Oxley compliance objectives and risk based audits that evaluate the design and effectiveness of internal controls, accuracy and timeliness of financial information, effectiveness and efficiency of business operations, compliance with external and internal guidelines (including laws, regulations, and policies), special investigations, etc.
- Prepare and review audit documentation, ensuring professional and corporate standards met
- Conclude upon audit results, communicating verbally and in written reports, ensuring conclusions are factual, accurate, and complete
- Develop recommendations and assist management in developing responses to address audit issues in a consultative and collaborative manner
- Provide timely status updates to the internal audit manager
- You are willing to perform other duties as assigned
What you will need: (competencies, behaviors & attributes)
- Analytical Thinking
- Building and Fostering Relationships
- Initiative and Self-Motivation
- Project Management and Supervisory Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Specific certifications: CPA, CIA, CISA, and/or CFE highly preferred
- 3+ years related experience, preferably in professional services, public accounting and/or homebuilding industry
- Specific work or project experience: Internal Audit (compliance, operational and/or IT related), External Audit, Accounting, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
- Comprehensive knowledge of professional standards, audit methodologies and tools that support audit processes
- Advanced PC application skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, ACL)
- IT audit and/or data analytics experience a plus
- Strong interpersonal and consultative skills with the ability to work with all levels of an organization
FLSA Status: Exempt
Will have responsibilities such as:
- Office or non-manual work, which is directly related to management or general business operations
- Act as a primary component of which involves the exercise of independent judgment and discretion about matters of significance
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Report to Division/Corporate Office/Community daily and adhere to schedule
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device
- Ability to have face to face conversations with customers, co-workers and higher level manager
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and move around work environment as needed
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle if applicable
- Comply with company policies and procedure
- Must be able to able to remain in a stationary position up to 50% of the time
- The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
*Taylor Morrison experience and/or successful completion of training program may override required education and/or experience requirement.
Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.
Benefits of Working With Taylor Morrison
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the customer - and their needs - first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Welcome to the Taylor Morrison, Inc. Career Portal
In order to be the best in the industry, you have to surround yourself with the best people. At Taylor Morrison, Inc., we are committed to being the best North American homebuilder as measured by our employees, customers, shareholders, and business partners.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Taylor Morrison Home Corporation operates in the U.S. under the Taylor Morrison and Darling Homes brands. Taylor Morrison is a builder and developer of single-family detached and attached homes serving a wide array of customers including first-time, move-up, luxury, and active adult customers. Taylor Morrison divisions operate in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina and Texas. Darling Homes serves move-up and luxury homebuyers in Texas. In addition, Taylor Morrison also offers home financing though Taylor Morrison Home Funding, providing professional and knowledgeable home mortgage options.
Taylor Morrison, Inc. is always looking for dedicated professionals who share our values. Please use our Career Portal to view current job openings and apply for positions online.
Thank you for considering a career with Taylor Morrison, Inc.!
For more information about Taylor Morrison please visit www.taylormorrison.com.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R0004152