Job Description SummaryAs a Senior Accountant, Corporate working for Taylor Morrison you will provide core accounting support to the Finance Operations Team. To be successful in this role, the individual must be able to manage multiple deadlines, have strong analytical skills, drive departmental process improvements, be detail oriented and display a high level of organizational skills.
We trust that as a Senior Accountant, Corporate, you will: (responsibilities)
- Perform monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting activities, including reconciliations, coordination, and reviewing of financial reports/support as necessary
- Ensure compliance with accounting policies and procedures, and resolve accounting related issues
- Perform monthly account analysis and roll-forwards of selected general ledger accounts to ensure accounts properly reflect the Company’s financial position in accordance with company policy
- Review ledger detail, record adjusting journal entries, and prepare supporting schedules for financial statements
- Assist in the preparation of annual audited financial statements, including footnote disclosures, and supporting schedules
- Respond to audit inquiries from accounting firms
- Prepare monthly cash flow forecasts for portfolio
- Assist in the accounting due diligence review of potential portfolio acquisitions
- Prepare bank reconciliations and journal entries as needed
- Train and supervise accounting staff, demonstrate leadership skills, and assist in coordination of the staffing model
- Focus on continuous improvement of established processes, controls, and documentation
- You are willing to perform other duties as assigned
What you will need: (competencies, behaviors & attributes)
- Decision Making
- Problem Solving
- Team Player
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 3-5 years of general accounting experience required
- Real estate knowledge a plus
- CPA certification preferred
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office, accounting software, and databases
FLSA Status: Exempt
Will have responsibilities such as:
- Office or non-manual work, which is directly related to management or general business operations
- Act as a primary component of which involves the exercise of independent judgment and discretion about matters of significance
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Report to Division/Corporate Office/Community daily and adhere to schedule
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device
- Ability to have face to face conversations with customers, co-workers and higher level manager
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and move around work environment as needed
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle if applicable
- Comply with company policies and procedure
- Must be able to able to remain in a stationary position up to 50% of the time
- The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
*Taylor Morrison experience and/or successful completion of training program may override required education and/or experience requirement.
Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.
Benefits of Working With Taylor Morrison
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the customer - and their needs - first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Welcome to the Taylor Morrison, Inc. Career Portal
In order to be the best in the industry, you have to surround yourself with the best people. At Taylor Morrison, Inc., we are committed to being the best North American homebuilder as measured by our employees, customers, shareholders, and business partners.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Taylor Morrison Home Corporation operates in the U.S. under the Taylor Morrison and Darling Homes brands. Taylor Morrison is a builder and developer of single-family detached and attached homes serving a wide array of customers including first-time, move-up, luxury, and active adult customers. Taylor Morrison divisions operate in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina and Texas. Darling Homes serves move-up and luxury homebuyers in Texas. In addition, Taylor Morrison also offers home financing though Taylor Morrison Home Funding, providing professional and knowledgeable home mortgage options.
Taylor Morrison, Inc. is always looking for dedicated professionals who share our values. Please use our Career Portal to view current job openings and apply for positions online.
Thank you for considering a career with Taylor Morrison, Inc.!
For more information about Taylor Morrison please visit www.taylormorrison.com.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R0004145