Quality and Safety Manager
Job Description SummaryAs a Quality and Safety Manager working for Taylor Morrison you will ensure safety and quality programs are implemented, audited, maintained and exceed Taylor Morrison’s high safety and quality expectations.
We trust that as a Quality and Safety Manager you will: (responsibilities)
- Perform jobsite inspections throughout division, organize and distribute to each jobsite
- Maintain jobsite/office signage and safety supplies (PPE)
- Perform Monthly Jobsite Audits along with management. Organize, record and distribute to each jobsite
- Lead and provide training to trade partners monthly. Organize, record and distribute to each jobsite
- Compile ROAR reports monthly for corporate and distribute to each jobsite
- Lead safety committee meetings. Document minutes and distribute to each jobsite
- Lead TM safety training of sales, construction, and office staff. Document and distribute
- Compile yearly updates of the Safety Program and site rules. Included in these updates are jobsite constraints, jobsite continuous improvement plan and Divisional continuous improvement plan
- Create new jobsite specific safety books and audit regularly
- Yearly update and maintain divisional MSDS
- Maintain "high risk" trade partner safety programs and competency records
- Perform trade partner safety evaluations and coordinate with purchasing on unsafe trade partners for evaluation of future work
- Perform or organize annual/biannual CPR/First Aid training
- Perform or organize new hire OSHA 10 hour training and safety orientation
- Perform new community startup meetings with trade partners
- Perform quality inspections on homes, compile reports, and manage data base for the division
- Work with trade partners regarding trends in deficiencies and trade issues
- You are willing to perform other duties as assigned
What you will need: (competencies, behaviors & attributes)
- Ethics & Integrity
- Sense of Urgency
- Strategic Thinking
- Certified US Department of Labor OSHA trainer for 10/30 hour construction
- Certified CPR/First aid/AED instructor
FLSA Status: Exempt
Will have responsibilities such as:
- Office or non-manual work, which is directly related to management or general business operations
- Act as a primary component of which involves the exercise of independent judgment and discretion about matters of significance
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Report to Division/Corporate Office/Community daily and adhere to schedule
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device
- Ability to have face to face conversations with customers, co-workers and higher level manager
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and move around work environment as needed
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle if applicable
- Comply with company policies and procedure
- Must be able to able to remain in a stationary position up to 50% of the time
- The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
*Taylor Morrison experience and/or successful completion of training program may override required education and/or experience requirement.
Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.
Benefits of Working With Taylor Morrison
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the customer - and their needs - first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Welcome to the Taylor Morrison, Inc. Career Portal
In order to be the best in the industry, you have to surround yourself with the best people. At Taylor Morrison, Inc., we are committed to being the best North American homebuilder as measured by our employees, customers, shareholders, and business partners.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Taylor Morrison Home Corporation operates in the U.S. under the Taylor Morrison and Darling Homes brands. Taylor Morrison is a builder and developer of single-family detached and attached homes serving a wide array of customers including first-time, move-up, luxury, and active adult customers. Taylor Morrison divisions operate in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina and Texas. Darling Homes serves move-up and luxury homebuyers in Texas. In addition, Taylor Morrison also offers home financing though Taylor Morrison Home Funding, providing professional and knowledgeable home mortgage options.
Taylor Morrison, Inc. is always looking for dedicated professionals who share our values. Please use our Career Portal to view current job openings and apply for positions online.
Thank you for considering a career with Taylor Morrison, Inc.!
For more information about Taylor Morrison please visit www.taylormorrison.com.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R0004630