Public Relations Manager
Job Description SummaryWHY JOIN OUR TEAM?
Well, really the question is, why not? We’re a small-but mighty-team of individuals with an array of backgrounds ranging from internal communications to journalism and public relations. We’re just as creative as we are strategic, and we have the most fun when we get to be both at the same time. While we love being part of a team we’re also okay flying solo to get things done. We pride ourselves on telling Taylor Morrison’s story to all of ours stakeholders-employees, shareholders, homebuyers and the media alike.
We’re looking for someone who shares our enthusiasm for storytelling and understands the importance of communication-period. There won’t be a shortage of new opportunities, cool experiences, or ways to make an impact. If you’re up for the challenge, we look forward to meeting you.
Optimize business-critical communication flows up, down, across and beyond the organization. Develop and implement strategic communication plans that effectively reach internal and external stakeholders. This includes working with executives and business partners to assess the needs, compiling and analyzing research, outlining an effective communication approach/strategy, developing key messages and FAQs and using appropriate tactics and vehicles to achieve goals.
Act as a strategic thought partner, consultant and influencer to leadership and business partners to understand audience needs and proactively shape communications while aligning efforts with desired objectives/outcomes. Write copy, speeches, internal and external messaging and FAQs and develop presentations and collateral as needed. Proactively identify and address emerging issues and mitigate potential impacts using an integrated approach that takes into account all aspects of communication.
Build internal and external relationships to help effectively deliver integrated communication strategies. Participate in continuous improvement processes to more quickly and effectively deliver accurate and timely information to key stakeholders, with a focus on the integration of new technology and communication channels. Manage relationships with outside agencies, vendors and contractors as needed.
- A Bachelor’s degree with major in English, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Mass Communications/Media, Marketing or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years' relevant work experience, within a corporate communications and/or public relations department or at a PR/communications agency.
- Demonstrated strong leadership, organizational and project management skills; proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills with the ability to be creative and personable.
- Be an independent worker but one that enjoys being part of a larger team and contributing to the overall success of the department.
- Extensive communications experience required; strong background in internal communications preferred direct work with journalists desirable.
- Ability to interact and communicate with senior management, colleagues, vendors and others to secure and coordinate program/project communication deliverables.
- Experience working with major brands and/or within the homebuilding industry a plus.
- Strategic thinking and critical analysis of data, business information, messaging with emphasis on impact to business.
- Ability to convey a professional image, as well as effectively represent the organization as appropriate internally and externally.
- Ability to translate business, initiative and/or project priorities and efforts across teams and make them relevant to internal and external audiences.
- Highly skilled at managing multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Strong speaking and presentations skills.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills are essential.
- Proven ability to influence without direct authority.
- Skilled at providing constructive coaching and feedback to leaders.
- Ability to respond quickly/professionally to unforeseen crisis and issues.
- Working knowledge of technology used for developing communications deliverables.
Benefits of Working With Taylor Morrison
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the customer - and their needs - first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Welcome to the Taylor Morrison, Inc. Career Portal
In order to be the best in the industry, you have to surround yourself with the best people. At Taylor Morrison, Inc., we are committed to being the best North American homebuilder as measured by our employees, customers, shareholders, and business partners.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Taylor Morrison Home Corporation operates in the U.S. under the Taylor Morrison and Darling Homes brands. Taylor Morrison is a builder and developer of single-family detached and attached homes serving a wide array of customers including first-time, move-up, luxury, and active adult customers. Taylor Morrison divisions operate in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina and Texas. Darling Homes serves move-up and luxury homebuyers in Texas. In addition, Taylor Morrison also offers home financing though Taylor Morrison Home Funding, providing professional and knowledgeable home mortgage options.
Taylor Morrison, Inc. is always looking for dedicated professionals who share our values. Please use our Career Portal to view current job openings and apply for positions online.
Thank you for considering a career with Taylor Morrison, Inc.!
For more information about Taylor Morrison please visit www.taylormorrison.com.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R0005136-1