Job Description SummaryAs an Office Manager working for Taylor Morrison you will provide leadership with strategic thinking and exemplify excellent customer service. Ensure annual divisional initiatives aligned with company initiatives are completed.
Communicate with management staff to stay updated on jobs, documentation, budgeting, and any customer issues. Onboard new team members and work with leaders to maintain team member engagement.
We trust that as an Office Manager you will: (responsibilities)
- Maintenance of office, supplies, office-related equipment, and vendors
- Be responsible for retrieving, sorting and distribution of mail
- Point of contact for team members and managers at the divisions to assist with HR-related functions to include recruiting, onboarding, exit processing, payroll-related administration, HR system administration and miscellaneous other services connecting team members to appropriate Corporate HR personnel
- Provide support to the Division President and Operations Leadership team to include but not limited to: coordinating meetings, arranging travel, deliveries, preparation of meeting materials and maintaining calendars
- Be point of contact for team members to assist in a variety of IT-related activities such as ordering, setup and light-troubleshooting of cell phones, laptops, accessories, and other computer equipment
- Coordinate all company events, division monthly lunches and functional meetings to include presentation development, contracts, set up and clean up independent of assistance
- Facilitate communication and awareness of Company and Division-wide initiatives, events and programs to include employee recognition programs
- Welcome visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries
- Answer the main phone line as needed and route calls accordingly
- Maintain employee and department directories
- Miscellaneous billing assistance for all departments as needed
- Offsite document storage management
- You are willing to perform other duties as assigned
What you will need: (competencies, behaviors & attributes)
- Business Acumen
- Customer Focus
- Developing Direct Reports and Others
- Drive for Results
- Priority Setting
- BA/BS degree preferred or at least 5 years of work-related experience required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to build relationship and maintain confidentiality
- Intermediate-to-advanced skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in corporate environment and dealing with various levels of management and external contacts
- Excellent customer service skills
- Prior experience in office management required
- Prior experience in Human Resources preferred
- Experience in homebuilding industry preferred
FLSA Status: Exempt
Will have responsibilities such as:
- Interviewing, selecting, and training employees;
- Setting rates of pay and hours of work;
- Appraising productivity; handling employee grievances or complaints, or disciplining employees;
- Determining work techniques;
- Planning the work;
- Apportioning work among employees;
- Determining the types of equipment to be used in performing work, or materials needed;
- Planning budgets for work;
- Monitoring work for legal or regulatory compliance;
- Providing for safety and security of the workplace
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Report to Division/Corporate Office/Community daily and adhere to schedule
- Ability to oversee direct reports daily and provide guidance as needed
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device
- Ability to have face to face conversations with customers, co-workers and higher level manager
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and move around work environment as needed
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle
- Comply with company policies and procedure
- Must be able to able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time
- The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
*Taylor Morrison experience and/or successful completion of training program may override required education and/or experience requirement.
Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.
Benefits of Working With Taylor Morrison
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the customer - and their needs - first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Welcome to the Taylor Morrison, Inc. Career Portal
In order to be the best in the industry, you have to surround yourself with the best people. At Taylor Morrison, Inc., we are committed to being the best North American homebuilder as measured by our employees, customers, shareholders, and business partners.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Taylor Morrison Home Corporation operates in the U.S. under the Taylor Morrison and Darling Homes brands. Taylor Morrison is a builder and developer of single-family detached and attached homes serving a wide array of customers including first-time, move-up, luxury, and active adult customers. Taylor Morrison divisions operate in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina and Texas. Darling Homes serves move-up and luxury homebuyers in Texas. In addition, Taylor Morrison also offers home financing though Taylor Morrison Home Funding, providing professional and knowledgeable home mortgage options.
Taylor Morrison, Inc. is always looking for dedicated professionals who share our values. Please use our Career Portal to view current job openings and apply for positions online.
Thank you for considering a career with Taylor Morrison, Inc.!
For more information about Taylor Morrison please visit www.taylormorrison.com.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R0005033