Lock Desk - Secondary Analyst
Job Description SummaryThe Lock Desk - Secondary Analyst supports mortgage related business strategies. Within this role, you will be responsible for day to day management of locking mortgage loan rates as a part of our mortgage banking operation. As a Lock Desk-Secondary Analyst, your primary responsibilities will be to accurately register and record rate lock information, understand and relay investor policies and to thoroughly comprehend and convey the pricing for all mortgage products while maintaining a customer service focus in an extremely fast, multi-tasking, and deadline driven environment.
We trust that as a Lock Desk - Secondary Analyst you will: (responsibilities)
- Completely review, process, lock, extend, and revise mortgage loan rate lock requests submitted by mortgage loan officers or operations team members
- Evaluate and confirm pricing upon receipt, on each lock request to ensure accuracy and best execution
- Analyze and resolve associated operational issues associated with rate lock mismatches
- Process and record rate lock modifications making certain the pricing is exact, and falls within the investor’s guideline parameters
- Manage date and exceptions within daily hedge reporting
- Work as a team with sales, processing, underwriting, closing, correspondent counter parties and management to ensure the loans in your pipeline are sold quickly with attention to detail, accuracy, and within compliance of corporate policies and RESPA
- You are willing to perform other duties as assigned
What you will need: (competencies, behaviors & attributes)
- Ethics & Integrity
- Computer competency
- Excellent telephone, communication (oral and written), interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work well with a team environment and take constructive criticism, coaching and feedback on a consistent basis
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage large volume of new loan locks with strong attention to detail
- Mortgage experience preferred but not required. Experience with pricing/registration is optimal
- Working knowledge of FNMA, FHLMC and other investor lending guidelines a plus
- Encompass 360 Banker Edition (Preferred)
- Optimal Blue experience (Preferred)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Will have responsibilities such as:
- This position is considered a non-exempt position for purposes of wage-hour law, which means that you will be required to keep a time record and will be eligible for overtime pay.
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Report to Division/Corporate Office/Community daily and adhere to schedule
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device
- Ability to have face to face conversations with customers, co-workers and higher level manager
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and move around work environment as needed
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle if applicable
- Comply with company policies and procedure
- Must be able to able to remain in a stationary position up to 50% of the time
- The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
*Taylor Morrison experience and/or successful completion of training program may override required education and/or experience requirement.
Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.
Benefits of Working With Taylor Morrison
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the customer - and their needs - first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Welcome to the Taylor Morrison, Inc. Career Portal
In order to be the best in the industry, you have to surround yourself with the best people. At Taylor Morrison, Inc., we are committed to being the best North American homebuilder as measured by our employees, customers, shareholders, and business partners.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Taylor Morrison Home Corporation operates in the U.S. under the Taylor Morrison and Darling Homes brands. Taylor Morrison is a builder and developer of single-family detached and attached homes serving a wide array of customers including first-time, move-up, luxury, and active adult customers. Taylor Morrison divisions operate in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina and Texas. Darling Homes serves move-up and luxury homebuyers in Texas. In addition, Taylor Morrison also offers home financing though Taylor Morrison Home Funding, providing professional and knowledgeable home mortgage options.
Taylor Morrison, Inc. is always looking for dedicated professionals who share our values. Please use our Career Portal to view current job openings and apply for positions online.
Thank you for considering a career with Taylor Morrison, Inc.!
For more information about Taylor Morrison please visit www.taylormorrison.com.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R0004259