Job Description SummaryLand Superintendent
As a Land Superintendent working for Taylor Morrison you will be responsible for effectively and efficiently coordinate the development of company-owned property to achieve business plans and financial objectives. You will play an integral role in the planning process for the jurisdictions in which the company operates, anticipating all possible requirements needed to secure building permits.
We trust that as a Land Superintendent you will: (responsibilities)
- Manage day-to-day operations of contractors
- Manage day-to-day development activities
- Schedule appropriate vendors / subcontractors to meet project schedule
- Direct all trades on conflicts to achieve resolution
- Comply with all agency requirements
- Inspect improvements to ensure compliance with plans
- Coordinate start of home construction with contractors and agencies
- Implement erosion control
- Communicate to other Land staff and, if appropriate, Sales and Construction
- Create subdivision punch list with inspectors
- Direct all trades on all corrective punch list measures and periodic maintenance/repairs
- You are willing to perform other duties as assigned
What you will need: (competencies, behaviors & attributes)
- Attention to detail
- Ethics & Integrity
- Independent Worker
- Priority Setting
- 3 years combined experience in the Home Building Industry, with a minimum of 1 year land development experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Civil Engineering, Planning or Construction Management required
- Attention to detail A MUST
- Ability to anticipate possible obstacles and propose favorable solutions
- Strong work ethic and commitment to implementation and execution
- Concise writing and public speaking/presentation skills are desirable for reporting to the management team
- Ability to read improvement plans, formulate budgets and understand accounting principles
- Strong computer and negotiating skills
- Action and results oriented
- Superior ability to successfully multi-task and utilize project management skills
FLSA Status: Exempt
Will have responsibilities such as:
- Office or non-manual work, which is directly related to management or general business operations
- Act as a primary component of which involves the exercise of independent judgment and discretion about matters of significance
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Report to Division/Corporate Office/Community daily and adhere to schedule
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device
- Ability to have face to face conversations with customers, co-workers and higher level manager
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and move around work environment as needed
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle if applicable
- Comply with company policies and procedure
- Must be able to able to remain in a stationary position up to 50% of the time
- The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
*Taylor Morrison experience and/or successful completion of training program may override required education and/or experience requirement.
Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.
Benefits of Working With Taylor Morrison
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the customer - and their needs - first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Welcome to the Taylor Morrison, Inc. Career Portal
In order to be the best in the industry, you have to surround yourself with the best people. At Taylor Morrison, Inc., we are committed to being the best North American homebuilder as measured by our employees, customers, shareholders, and business partners.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Taylor Morrison Home Corporation operates in the U.S. under the Taylor Morrison and Darling Homes brands. Taylor Morrison is a builder and developer of single-family detached and attached homes serving a wide array of customers including first-time, move-up, luxury, and active adult customers. Taylor Morrison divisions operate in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina and Texas. Darling Homes serves move-up and luxury homebuyers in Texas. In addition, Taylor Morrison also offers home financing though Taylor Morrison Home Funding, providing professional and knowledgeable home mortgage options.
Taylor Morrison, Inc. is always looking for dedicated professionals who share our values. Please use our Career Portal to view current job openings and apply for positions online.
Thank you for considering a career with Taylor Morrison, Inc.!
For more information about Taylor Morrison please visit www.taylormorrison.com.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R0005140