Land Superintendant/Land Project Manager
Job Description SummaryWe are searching for the right candidate to join our team as a Land Superintendent for our Bay Area Division located in Pleasanton, CA.
Job DetailsJob Description
- Assist in value engineering construction and landscape drawings.
- Generate land development construction schedules.
- Adhere to land development construction budgets.
- Manage day-to-day development activities by scheduling and coordinating appropriate vendors / contractors to meet project schedule.
- Direct all trades on conflicts to achieve resolution.
- Inspect improvements to ensure compliance with project documents.
- Manage and meet on a regular basis with project consultants (e.g. surveyors, civil engineers, geotechnical engineers, utility coordinators, etc.).
- Interface with and manage issues relating to city/county Planning, Public works, Engineering and Building departments; insure adherence to all Conditions of Approval.
- Forecast and communicate potential schedule or budget deviations.
- Review and approve land development and consultant invoices and change orders.
- Facilitate conveyance of common areas to community associations and public infrastructure to the appropriate agencies.
- 2 years experience as field supervisor with a high-volume homebuilder or large construction company at a minimum.
- Highly customer-service oriented.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Computer literate
- Strong negotiation skills and an ability to manage the competing needs of contractors, municipalities and consultants as well as those internal to Taylor Morrison.
- Ability to read and interpret construction documents including plans (civil improvement, utility, landscape and irrigation), specifications and scopes of work.
- Must be highly organized, able to handle multiple tasks and projects at once, and adept at managing one’s time efficiently.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Engineering or other related field preferred.
- Working knowledge of MS Office and MS Project preferred.
Benefits of Working With Taylor Morrison
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the customer - and their needs - first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Welcome to the Taylor Morrison, Inc. Career Portal
In order to be the best in the industry, you have to surround yourself with the best people. At Taylor Morrison, Inc., we are committed to being the best North American homebuilder as measured by our employees, customers, shareholders, and business partners.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Taylor Morrison Home Corporation operates in the U.S. under the Taylor Morrison and Darling Homes brands. Taylor Morrison is a builder and developer of single-family detached and attached homes serving a wide array of customers including first-time, move-up, luxury, and active adult customers. Taylor Morrison divisions operate in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina and Texas. Darling Homes serves move-up and luxury homebuyers in Texas. In addition, Taylor Morrison also offers home financing though Taylor Morrison Home Funding, providing professional and knowledgeable home mortgage options.
Taylor Morrison, Inc. is always looking for dedicated professionals who share our values. Please use our Career Portal to view current job openings and apply for positions online.
Thank you for considering a career with Taylor Morrison, Inc.!
For more information about Taylor Morrison please visit www.taylormorrison.com.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R0002999-1