Job Description SummaryLand Specialist
As a Land Specialist working for Taylor Morrison you will be responsible to provide contract administration and project coordination to the Land Department and work with Land Department team to assist with timely delivery of projects by creating and administering contracts, creating bid spreads, creating and updating project schedules, creating public reports, managing HOA turnover efforts, managing dry utility coordination and accounts, and managing mail delivery requirements for each community.
We trust that as a Land Specialist you will: (responsibilities)
- Create land contracts and manage contract files;
- Assist in bid process and prepare bid spreads as needed;
- Manage department files, Process land invoices and track project budgets with the support of the project managers;
- Manage dry utility coordination and create accounts; oversee dry utility accounts turnover to HOA once project has been accepted;
- Manage mail delivery requirements for each community, working with the postmaster to ensure successful mail delivery for our customers;
- Create and update project schedules in conjunction with project manager, field manager and land manager
- Manage title company DRE processor and coordinate DRE public report submittals to obtain reports prior to release for sale;
- Manage/coordinate plan review submittals/responses to municipalities/agencies with consultant team and outside plan processors;
- Track submittals and update the operations team;
- Coordinate and certify the upload of SWPPP books as well as annual reporting with Site Mangers as well as s outside consulting team;
- Coordinate the initiation of, updating and termination of state SWPPP permits with outside consulting team;
- Track vendor insurance status - set up vendor account on EBIX website;
- Respond to preliminary lien inquiries;
- Manage HOA turnover process; and
- Provide administrative support of Land Development and Forward Planning staff as required
- You are willing to perform other duties as assigned
What you will need: (competencies, behaviors & attributes)
- Attention to detail
- Ethics & Integrity
- Priority Setting
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Planning, Civil Engineering or Construction Management preferred;
- Minimum of 4+ years work-related experience required;
- Scheduling and dry utility coordination required;
- Experience with contract writing and execution preferred;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office with emphasis on Outlook, Excel, Project and Word;
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve day-to-day office activities;
- Experience in professional environment dealing with various levels of management and external contacts is required; and
- Action and results oriented and self-starter a must.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Will have responsibilities such as:
- Office or non-manual work, which is directly related to management or general business operations
- Act as a primary component of which involves the exercise of independent judgment and discretion about matters of significance
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Report to Division/Corporate Office/Community daily and adhere to schedule
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device
- Ability to have face to face conversations with customers, co-workers and higher level manager
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and move around work environment as needed
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle if applicable
- Comply with company policies and procedure
- Must be able to able to remain in a stationary position up to 50% of the time
- The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
*Taylor Morrison experience and/or successful completion of training program may override required education and/or experience requirement.
Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.
Benefits of Working With Taylor Morrison
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the customer - and their needs - first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Welcome to the Taylor Morrison, Inc. Career Portal
In order to be the best in the industry, you have to surround yourself with the best people. At Taylor Morrison, Inc., we are committed to being the best North American homebuilder as measured by our employees, customers, shareholders, and business partners.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Taylor Morrison Home Corporation operates in the U.S. under the Taylor Morrison and Darling Homes brands. Taylor Morrison is a builder and developer of single-family detached and attached homes serving a wide array of customers including first-time, move-up, luxury, and active adult customers. Taylor Morrison divisions operate in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina and Texas. Darling Homes serves move-up and luxury homebuyers in Texas. In addition, Taylor Morrison also offers home financing though Taylor Morrison Home Funding, providing professional and knowledgeable home mortgage options.
Taylor Morrison, Inc. is always looking for dedicated professionals who share our values. Please use our Career Portal to view current job openings and apply for positions online.
Thank you for considering a career with Taylor Morrison, Inc.!
For more information about Taylor Morrison please visit www.taylormorrison.com.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R0004498-1