Land Planning and Development Manager
Job Description SummaryAs a Land Planning and Development Manager working for Taylor Morrison you will be responsible for identify and understand all components of the land acquisition, land planning and development processes. Assist in developing the land planning and development strategy for new projects the Division is considering for acquisition. Responsible for managing the execution of that strategy once the projects have been approved and will manage consultant teams consisting of attorneys, civil engineers, and landscape architects to secure the entitlements as well as obtain agency approval on the plats and improvement plans to ensure a successful project delivery.
We trust that as a Land Planning and Development Manager you will: (responsibilities)
- Review due diligence materials and assist in developing the land planning and development strategy for new projects
- Prepare project schedules for planning and development work
- Prepare and maintain land development budgets and cash flows
- Manage the bid process including preparation, evaluation and award in accordance with Corporate procedures and Division guidelines
- Work with the field Project Manager to ensure the project development strategy is being executed
- Review and approve progress pay applications and ensure that payment is made for completed work
- Meet with engineers/planners/government agencies
- Monitor schedule to ensure timely delivery of completed development
- You are willing to perform other duties as assigned
What you will need: (competencies, behaviors & attributes)
- Attention to detail
- Ethics & Integrity
- Priority Setting
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Planning, Civil Engineering or Construction Management
- A minimum of four years’ experience in land development or forward planning in the homebuilding industry
- Demonstrated success in the home building industry is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to complete the job responsibilities with minimal outside supervision and direction
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Computer literacy
- Strong organizational, planning and problem-solving skills
- Ability to read improvement plans, formulate budgets and understand accounting principles
FLSA Status: Exempt
Will have responsibilities such as:
- Office or non-manual work, which is directly related to management or general business operations
- Act as a primary component of which involves the exercise of independent judgment and discretion about matters of significance
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Report to Division/Corporate Office/Community daily and adhere to schedule
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device
- Ability to have face to face conversations with customers, co-workers and higher level manager
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and move around work environment as needed
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle if applicable
- Comply with company policies and procedure
- Must be able to able to remain in a stationary position up to 50% of the time
- The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
*Taylor Morrison experience and/or successful completion of training program may override required education and/or experience requirement.
Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.
Benefits of Working With Taylor Morrison
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the customer - and their needs - first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Welcome to the Taylor Morrison, Inc. Career Portal
In order to be the best in the industry, you have to surround yourself with the best people. At Taylor Morrison, Inc., we are committed to being the best North American homebuilder as measured by our employees, customers, shareholders, and business partners.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Taylor Morrison Home Corporation operates in the U.S. under the Taylor Morrison and Darling Homes brands. Taylor Morrison is a builder and developer of single-family detached and attached homes serving a wide array of customers including first-time, move-up, luxury, and active adult customers. Taylor Morrison divisions operate in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina and Texas. Darling Homes serves move-up and luxury homebuyers in Texas. In addition, Taylor Morrison also offers home financing though Taylor Morrison Home Funding, providing professional and knowledgeable home mortgage options.
Taylor Morrison, Inc. is always looking for dedicated professionals who share our values. Please use our Career Portal to view current job openings and apply for positions online.
Thank you for considering a career with Taylor Morrison, Inc.!
For more information about Taylor Morrison please visit www.taylormorrison.com.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R0004946