Land Acquisition Manager
Job Description SummaryAs a Land Acquisition Manager working for Taylor Morrison you will identify, evaluate and acquire properties that competitively position the division for success. Work to meet or exceed "commit to quality" expectations for on-time model opening dates (compared to "proposed" opening dates) and work collaboratively with all functional peers as a member of the division leadership team.
We trust that as a Land Acquisition Manager you will: (responsibilities)
- Utilize our geographic information system to locate and track land development opportunities
- Establish network of colleagues and brokers able to bring acquisition/divestiture opportunities as needed
- Keep abreast of local market land transactions
- Identify and secure best prices and terms on property that conforms to divisional business plans and financial objectives
- Negotiate land purchase contracts and review with outside law firm and in-house counsel
- Act as a liaison in completing proformas with our Finance Team
- Collect all pertinent data and prepare report for potential acquisitions per company procedure
- Inspect the site
- Assist in due diligence for new land acquisitions
- Meet with engineers/planners/governmental agencies
- Obtain fees due at building permit & building permit/school fee increases
- Review subdivision/development agreement requirements as needed
- Estimate or review hard costs, soft cost and carry cost for proformas
- Review environmental mitigation requirements
- Advise Director of Land Acquisition and the Division President of any potential problems or issues and offer suggestions for resolution Review, approve, code and process invoices
- You are willing to perform other duties as assigned
What you will need: (competencies, behaviors & attributes)
- Result Oriented
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field or 5 years of years of direct experience in Land Acquisition
- Five years of experience in land acquisition/divestiture and development
- Computer proficiency
- Ability to anticipate possible obstacles and propose favorable solutions
- Strong work ethic and commitment to implementation and execution
- Concise writing and public speaking/presentation skills are desirable for reporting to the senior investment committee
FLSA Status: Exempt
Will have responsibilities such as:
- Office or non-manual work, which is directly related to management or general business operations
- Act as a primary component of which involves the exercise of independent judgment and discretion about matters of significance
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Report to Division/Corporate Office/Community daily and adhere to schedule
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device
- Ability to have face to face conversations with customers, co-workers and higher level manager
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and move around work environment as needed
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle if applicable
- Comply with company policies and procedure
- Must be able to able to remain in a stationary position up to 50% of the time
- The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
*Taylor Morrison experience and/or successful completion of training program may override required education and/or experience requirement.
Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.
Benefits of Working With Taylor Morrison
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the customer - and their needs - first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Welcome to the Taylor Morrison, Inc. Career Portal
In order to be the best in the industry, you have to surround yourself with the best people. At Taylor Morrison, Inc., we are committed to being the best North American homebuilder as measured by our employees, customers, shareholders, and business partners.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Taylor Morrison Home Corporation operates in the U.S. under the Taylor Morrison and Darling Homes brands. Taylor Morrison is a builder and developer of single-family detached and attached homes serving a wide array of customers including first-time, move-up, luxury, and active adult customers. Taylor Morrison divisions operate in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina and Texas. Darling Homes serves move-up and luxury homebuyers in Texas. In addition, Taylor Morrison also offers home financing though Taylor Morrison Home Funding, providing professional and knowledgeable home mortgage options.
Taylor Morrison, Inc. is always looking for dedicated professionals who share our values. Please use our Career Portal to view current job openings and apply for positions online.
Thank you for considering a career with Taylor Morrison, Inc.!
For more information about Taylor Morrison please visit www.taylormorrison.com.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R0004542