Job Description SummaryAs a Land Accountant working for Taylor Morrison you will be responsible for working with Finance and Land department leaders on Division's financial policies, planning, reporting and controls. This position will also assist in overseeing all financial functions and creating functional strategies and specific objectives for the departments and develop budgets/policies/procedures to support the functional infrastructure.
We trust that as a Land Accountant you will: (responsibilities)
- Complete wire request and LOC applications for land deposits and purchases
- Gather and review all documentation for land purchases and get proper approval
- Set up and run land quarterly budget review and cash flow meetings
- Prepare various monthly/quarterly reports for management and Corporate finance for both land and forecast data
- Complete land account reconciliation on a month basis
- Complete monthly land JE’s and re-class entries
- Calculate land seller liabilities on a quarterly basis
- Assist with preparation of quarterly budget, collect, consolidate, and validate budget information
- Prepare monthly cash flow for submission to Regional and Corporate Management
- Perform analysis of the HOA financials and other duties relating to the HOA as needed and/or assigned
- Work with the land department for preparation, analysis and validation of proformas on new community opportunities
- Willing to perform other duties as assigned
What you will need: (competencies, behaviors & attributes)
- Detail Oriented
- Ethics & Integrity
- Team Worker
- 3+ years financial/accounting experience required
- Experience with investment analysis, with an understanding of Net Present Value, Return on Net Assets, and Internal Rate of Return required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Extensive experience with Excel
- Accounting experience, preferably in the homebuilding, land development or the construction industry
- Credit report in good standing
FLSA Status: Exempt
Will have responsibilities such as:
- Office or non-manual work, which is directly related to management or general business operations
- Act as a primary component of which involves the exercise of independent judgment and discretion about matters of significance
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Report to Division/Corporate Office/Community daily and adhere to schedule
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device
- Ability to have face to face conversations with customers, co-workers and higher level manager
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and move around work environment as needed
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle if applicable
- Comply with company policies and procedure
- Must be able to able to remain in a stationary position up to 50% of the time
- The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
*Taylor Morrison experience and/or successful completion of training program may override required education and/or experience requirement.
Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.
Benefits of Working With Taylor Morrison
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the customer - and their needs - first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Welcome to the Taylor Morrison, Inc. Career Portal
In order to be the best in the industry, you have to surround yourself with the best people. At Taylor Morrison, Inc., we are committed to being the best North American homebuilder as measured by our employees, customers, shareholders, and business partners.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Taylor Morrison Home Corporation operates in the U.S. under the Taylor Morrison and Darling Homes brands. Taylor Morrison is a builder and developer of single-family detached and attached homes serving a wide array of customers including first-time, move-up, luxury, and active adult customers. Taylor Morrison divisions operate in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina and Texas. Darling Homes serves move-up and luxury homebuyers in Texas. In addition, Taylor Morrison also offers home financing though Taylor Morrison Home Funding, providing professional and knowledgeable home mortgage options.
Taylor Morrison, Inc. is always looking for dedicated professionals who share our values. Please use our Career Portal to view current job openings and apply for positions online.
Thank you for considering a career with Taylor Morrison, Inc.!
For more information about Taylor Morrison please visit www.taylormorrison.com.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R0004481