IT- Quality Assurance Manager
Job Description SummaryIT Quality Assurance Manager
As an IT Quality Assurance Manager working for Taylor Morrison you will build and lead a team of QA professionals in helping to drive quality initiatives within our product suite. The ideal candidate will be proficient in software quality assurance processes, tools and techniques, and proven experience leading a QA team. The scope of this role will encompass the full responsibility of QA services for a given set of product areas within our core platform systems in an Agile scrum environment. You will collaborate with individuals from product development, product management, and information technology to ensure our deliverables meet the highest standards of quality before going into production. We work in a fast-paced, challenging, fun and collaborative environment and are seeking a team member to bring his or her unique experiences to help develop and define our quality assurance efforts.
We trust that as an IT Quality Assurance Manager you will: (responsibilities)
* Coach and manage a team of varying skill levels in product workflows, critical thinking, problem solving, and best practices
* Be point of contact for the QA team’s critical role in a given product area; daily scrums, sprint planning, retrospectives, and reviews
* Build reports and enhance visibility into working aspects of the QA process and quality of product
* Guide and implement automation and regression testing scenarios and approve testing plans for team members
* Define and develop processes, tools, and technology to enable a fully automated test environment for core platform systems
* Review software requirements and develop test plans and test scripts for various testing phases
* You are willing to perform other duties as assigned
What you will need: (competencies, behaviors & attributes)
* Decision Making
* Problem Solving
* Team Player
* 6+ years of experience in software QA/test with 2 years in a managerial/lead role
* Demonstrated experience developing high-quality test plans and test reports
* Extensive experience in managing test automation design
* Knowledge of QA methodology and tools, software testing standards, methods and conventions, and product development life cycle
* Experience working in an Agile and test-driven development environment
* Solid experience writing tests from software and system requirements
* Ability to track multiple test efforts simultaneously and report results
FLSA Status: Exempt
Will have responsibilities such as:
* Office or non-manual work, which is directly related to management or general business operations
* Act as a primary component of which involves the exercise of independent judgment and discretion about matters of significance
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Report to Division/Corporate Office/Community daily and adhere to schedule
* Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device
* Ability to have face to face conversations with customers, co-workers and higher level manager
* Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and move around work environment as needed
* Ability to operate a motor vehicle if applicable
* Comply with company policies and procedure
* Must be able to able to remain in a stationary position up to 50% of the time
* The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
*Taylor Morrison experience and/or successful completion of training program may override required education and/or experience requirement.
Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.
Benefits of Working With Taylor Morrison
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the customer - and their needs - first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Welcome to the Taylor Morrison, Inc. Career Portal
In order to be the best in the industry, you have to surround yourself with the best people. At Taylor Morrison, Inc., we are committed to being the best North American homebuilder as measured by our employees, customers, shareholders, and business partners.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Taylor Morrison Home Corporation operates in the U.S. under the Taylor Morrison and Darling Homes brands. Taylor Morrison is a builder and developer of single-family detached and attached homes serving a wide array of customers including first-time, move-up, luxury, and active adult customers. Taylor Morrison divisions operate in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina and Texas. Darling Homes serves move-up and luxury homebuyers in Texas. In addition, Taylor Morrison also offers home financing though Taylor Morrison Home Funding, providing professional and knowledgeable home mortgage options.
Taylor Morrison, Inc. is always looking for dedicated professionals who share our values. Please use our Career Portal to view current job openings and apply for positions online.
Thank you for considering a career with Taylor Morrison, Inc.!
For more information about Taylor Morrison please visit www.taylormorrison.com.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R0003404