IT Business Applications Developer II
Job Description SummaryIT Business Applications Developer II
As an IT Business Applications Developer II working for Taylor Morrison you will be the liaison between the Production & Field business users and IT. This position reports to the BI Reporting Manager. By far the majority of the IT Business Developers activities are related to Production business systems support, reporting and process improvement projects. This position works closely with the business end users and business analysts to provide support and gather requirements for reporting needs as well to meet their business objectives for improvements and efficiency gains. The Production Business Developer should have the ability to document the objectives of the business into requirements for design, development and execution. Homebuilder experience a plus!
We trust that as an IT Business Applications Analyst II you will: (responsibilities)
- Support Production back office and field end users on all production related systems
- Troubleshoot system and process issues to resolution
- Perform change management activities as necessary with system changes
- Test, validate and sign-off system upgrades prior to production release
- Document detailed technical designs and work closely with the business and IT to address data and reporting needs
- Use/build/test T-SQL on a daily basis to troubleshoot complex problems with complicated Business Application data stored in SQL Servers.
- Use/build/test SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) on a daily basis to build ETL and Integration between systems.
- Use/build/test SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) on a daily basis including authoring/maintaining DAX calculations.
- Use/build/test Dimensional Data Models in a complex Business Intelligence / Data Warehouse solution pulling from multiple Business Applications.
- Build and maintain various reports utilizing T-SQL, SSRS, and Power BI.
- Maintain production applications for User access and master data maintenance
- Perform quarterly SOX Compliance audit reviews of in-SOX systems
- Create and maintain training documentation for reports created
- Actively participate in numerous cross-functional teams and projects to standardize processes and implement best practices.
- You are willing to perform other duties as assigned
What you will need: (competencies, behaviors & attributes)
- Attention to Detail
- Critical Thinking
- Team Player
About you: (requirements)
- Associate’s degree with 3+ years’ experience
- Previous experience or knowledge in homebuilding industry
- Understanding of relational database concepts
- Previous experience using Newstar Enterprise a plus
- Knowledge and use of all Microsoft Office products (Visio and MS Project a plus)
- Analytical with the ability to troubleshoot issues to find solutions
- Strong knowledge and use of SQL, Pivot Tables, Excel
- Experience with reporting tools such as SSRS, Power BI or other reporting tools
- Documenting requirements
- Tracking project schedule and status
- Strong communication skills with all levels from end user to management
- Knowledge of homebuilding production processes and procedures (e.g. purchasing, scheduling) a plus
- Analytical thinking and problem solving
FLSA Status: Exempt
Will have responsibilities such as:
- Office or non-manual work, which is directly related to management or general business operations
- Act as a primary component of which involves the exercise of independent judgment and discretion about matters of significance
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Report to Division/Corporate Office/Community daily and adhere to schedule
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device
- Ability to have face to face conversations with customers, co-workers and higher level manager
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and move around work environment as needed
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle if applicable
- Comply with company policies and procedure
- Must be able to able to remain in a stationary position up to 50% of the time
- The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
*Taylor Morrison experience and/or successful completion of training program may override required education and/or experience requirement.
Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.
Benefits of Working With Taylor Morrison
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the customer - and their needs - first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Welcome to the Taylor Morrison, Inc. Career Portal
In order to be the best in the industry, you have to surround yourself with the best people. At Taylor Morrison, Inc., we are committed to being the best North American homebuilder as measured by our employees, customers, shareholders, and business partners.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Taylor Morrison Home Corporation operates in the U.S. under the Taylor Morrison and Darling Homes brands. Taylor Morrison is a builder and developer of single-family detached and attached homes serving a wide array of customers including first-time, move-up, luxury, and active adult customers. Taylor Morrison divisions operate in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina and Texas. Darling Homes serves move-up and luxury homebuyers in Texas. In addition, Taylor Morrison also offers home financing though Taylor Morrison Home Funding, providing professional and knowledgeable home mortgage options.
Taylor Morrison, Inc. is always looking for dedicated professionals who share our values. Please use our Career Portal to view current job openings and apply for positions online.
Thank you for considering a career with Taylor Morrison, Inc.!
For more information about Taylor Morrison please visit www.taylormorrison.com.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R0004529