Job Description SummaryAs an Estimator working for Taylor Morrison you will manage Material Takeoffs and Systems Setup. We do many of our takeoffs in-house, so it is crucial that our takeoffs are accurate to keep production running seamlessly. We utilize PlanSwift software to produce material lists and takeoffs. This position will work directly with the team of Purchasing Agents to ensure accurate PO’s are generated for standard production builds as well as Custom Options.
We trust that as an Estimator you will: (responsibilities)
- Create and manage material takeoffs for all floorplans
- Enter takeoffs and bids into Purchasing system (MiTek Sapphire / Kova)
- Assist with pricing and execution of Custom Options
- Assist with budgeting new floorplans and new community start-ups
- Assist the VP of Purchasing with special projects
- Write estimating standards to articulate the use of material takeoffs
- You are willing to perform other duties as assigned
What you will need: (competencies, behaviors & attributes)
- Independent Worker
- Ethics & Integrity
- Detail Oriented
- Experience in Estimating with estimating software in the homebuilding industry is, either with a homebuilder or a Trade/Supplier is preferred
- 1-3 years estimating or relevant experience needed
- Strong math skills needed
- Proficiency in Excel required
- Ability to read floorplans is required
- Local candidates with familiarity to the geographical area are preferred
- 4 year degree is preferred, major in Construction Management or Finance is preferred
- The ability to prioritize and multi-task in a hectic environment is required
- A positive attitude is a MUST
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Will have responsibilities such as:
- This position is considered a non-exempt position for purposes of wage-hour law, which means that you will be required to keep a time record and will be eligible for overtime pay.
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Report to Division/Corporate Office/Community daily and adhere to schedule
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device
- Ability to have face to face conversations with customers, co-workers and higher level manager
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and move around work environment as needed
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle if applicable
- Comply with company policies and procedure
- Must be able to able to remain in a stationary position up to 50% of the time
- The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
*Taylor Morrison experience and/or successful completion of training program may override required education and/or experience requirement.
Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.
Benefits of Working With Taylor Morrison
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the customer - and their needs - first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Welcome to the Taylor Morrison, Inc. Career Portal
In order to be the best in the industry, you have to surround yourself with the best people. At Taylor Morrison, Inc., we are committed to being the best North American homebuilder as measured by our employees, customers, shareholders, and business partners.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Taylor Morrison Home Corporation operates in the U.S. under the Taylor Morrison and Darling Homes brands. Taylor Morrison is a builder and developer of single-family detached and attached homes serving a wide array of customers including first-time, move-up, luxury, and active adult customers. Taylor Morrison divisions operate in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina and Texas. Darling Homes serves move-up and luxury homebuyers in Texas. In addition, Taylor Morrison also offers home financing though Taylor Morrison Home Funding, providing professional and knowledgeable home mortgage options.
Taylor Morrison, Inc. is always looking for dedicated professionals who share our values. Please use our Career Portal to view current job openings and apply for positions online.
Thank you for considering a career with Taylor Morrison, Inc.!
For more information about Taylor Morrison please visit www.taylormorrison.com.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R0005102