Job Description SummaryAs a Division President working for Taylor Morrison the focus of this job is on achieving results which are aligned with the larger picture of the organization and its strategic goals. Initiative, coupled with a sense of competitive drive, and the ability to stay focused on results despite changing conditions, is the key to achieving the performance objectives of this job. Because environmental and organizational conditions change rapidly, the work involves innovation and creativity in generating ideas for quick response. Decision-making is focused on implementing practical, timely solutions. The job requires getting things done quickly and handling a variety of activities. Self-assurance, and the confidence to purposely drive toward results while constantly problem-solving and engaging the commitment of others is essential. A leadership style that is firm and goal oriented, and yet motivates, trains, and engages others in an enthusiastic way is important. The emphasis on building rapport and relationships with individuals and groups requires an outgoing, poised and persuasive communication style. Because the pace of the work is faster than average, the ability to learn quickly and thoroughly while continually recognizing and adapting to changing conditions is critical. The scope of the job may require effective delegation to proven people. Especially routine and repetitive details should be delegated but with responsibility for follow up and accountability for timely results. While the job requires the ability to act independently, a sense of urgency and the confidence to handle a variety of challenges, a full commitment to the success of the business and high standards of achievement are expected in this position. The emphasis is on results, and effective systems that achieve results through and with people, rather than on the details of implementation. The job environment is flexible, constantly changing and provides growth opportunity, recognition and reward for the achievement of business results.
We trust that as a Division President you will: (responsibilities)
- Provide leadership, establish strategic direction and drive operations to exceed division objectives.
- Responsible for division’s P&L. Maximize profits through establishing business plan, achieving forecasts, and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Strategically plan to ensure division has sufficient land supply to meet goals.
- Responsible for all operations of the division, including sales, administration, production, warranty, product design, land acquisition and development.
Ensure the division is in compliance with all policies of the Company and enforce all standards set for performance.
- Recruits, hires, and manages division personnel and ensures the division’s organizational structure is appropriate to support current and future operations.
- Maintain professional affiliations and enhance professional growth and development to keep current in latest issues related to industry.
- Capable of conducting product and market analysis. Familiar with lot and land acquisition. Good understanding of sales, pricing strategies and cash flow.
What you will need: (competencies, behaviors & attributes)
About you: (requirements)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Finance, or Construction Management
- At least 10 years production homebuilding experience and in a senior management role
- Ability to anticipate possible obstacles and propose favorable solutions
- Strong work ethic and commitment to implementation and execution
- Concise writing and public speaking/presentation skills are desirable for reporting to the management team
- Ability to read improvement plans, formulate budgets and understand accounting principles
- Foster and maintain a strong team working environment
- Strong computer skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Action and results oriented
- Superior ability to successfully multi-task and utilize project management skills
- Strong leadership and team focus A MUST
- Must be able to grow talent and lead with humility and authority
- Experience working in Atlanta market is preferred
Benefits of Working With Taylor Morrison
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the customer - and their needs - first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Welcome to the Taylor Morrison, Inc. Career Portal
In order to be the best in the industry, you have to surround yourself with the best people. At Taylor Morrison, Inc., we are committed to being the best North American homebuilder as measured by our employees, customers, shareholders, and business partners.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Taylor Morrison Home Corporation operates in the U.S. under the Taylor Morrison and Darling Homes brands. Taylor Morrison is a builder and developer of single-family detached and attached homes serving a wide array of customers including first-time, move-up, luxury, and active adult customers. Taylor Morrison divisions operate in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina and Texas. Darling Homes serves move-up and luxury homebuyers in Texas. In addition, Taylor Morrison also offers home financing though Taylor Morrison Home Funding, providing professional and knowledgeable home mortgage options.
Taylor Morrison, Inc. is always looking for dedicated professionals who share our values. Please use our Career Portal to view current job openings and apply for positions online.
Thank you for considering a career with Taylor Morrison, Inc.!
For more information about Taylor Morrison please visit www.taylormorrison.com.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R0003225