Division Cadence Manager
Job Description SummaryAs a Division Cadence Manager working for Taylor Morrison you will be responsible for coaching, developing, implementing and driving Cadence Construction for the division that aligns all needed resources to meet divisional yearly plans, including slotting and releasing starts to optimize cycle time, trade capacity, and distribution of work throughout pods. Continuous communication with both Construction, Purchasing and Trade partners that identifies shortfalls, opportunities, process improvement and recommended solutions in order to improve construction efficiencies that drive a better return for the organization. The Cadence Manager is the liaison between all departments in order to keep production moving forward and driving a high adherence to critical milestones from start to completion and centrally steps in and addresses production issues as the process falls of the tracks.
We trust that as a Division Cadence Manager you will: (responsibilities)
- Manage starts/releases by week that compliments the Community Cycle Plan (CCP) and desired production universe to meet desired divisional cadence plan
- Slot all homes at sale using slotting mythology in order to provide a forecasted start and closing forecast for 100% division predictable alignment
- Lead weekly starts meeting and utilizing 100% Prestart BuildPro Task report in order to drive predictability and identify all shortfalls causing delays in order to meet the divisions start per week cadence plan
- Work with the Purchasing team in order to create optimal division pods for distribution of partnership workload
- Centrally manage starts and drive adherence to forecasted starts, Frame Starts, Drywall, Cabinets, QC and Final CO
- Review, develop and manage BuildPro schedules for cycle time efficiency. Assure sequence of activities are optimal and cycle time is efficient with the allowable acceptable dead days for weather delays
- Manage and hold all Superintendents accountable for BuildPro daily update adherence
- Provide weekly communication to division on what month/week slots the team is selling for
- Manage Inventory plan developed by Operations team that communicates Showcase homes in Process, Showcase homes Complete, Showcase homes in the Permit Process and Showcase homes Permits Approved but on the shelf for immediate start once released
- Lead weekly production meeting with ACM for an accurate update of all homes under production. Manage Vendor Schedule adherence
- Provide solutions and recommendations for cycle time improvement and adherence
- Review and recommend to VPC appropriate staffing to meet community management and production needs
- Review and recommend to VPP and VPC appropriate trade partner change opportunities, discipline for no shows causing other vendeos to be delayed, and recommendations for new trades and capacity needs based on growth
- Provide bi-weekly Divisional metrics around even flow starts and closings, schedule adherence metrics for identified milestones and provide analysis and recommendation for improvement
- You are willing to perform other duties as assigned
What you will need: (competencies, behaviors & attributes)
- Job Focused
- Priority Setting
- Problem Solving
- Team Player
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a Superintendent / Project Manager role
- Understands production scheduling, sequence, batching and capacity
- Novice to Expert in BuildPro with the ability to update and improve schedules
- Great leader of Contractors, Suppliers and Superintendents in order to achieve buy-in that improves our operational process, adherence and predictability
- Leader that drives results through process improvement
- Problem solver and not a problem reporter
- Ability to collaborate and sell processes upward for leadership buy-in
- Skilled communicator across a wide range of disciplines
FLSA Status: Exempt
Will have responsibilities such as:
- Office or non-manual work, which is directly related to management or general business operations
- Act as a primary component of which involves the exercise of independent judgment and discretion about matters of significance
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Report to Division/Corporate Office/Community daily and adhere to schedule
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device
- Ability to have face to face conversations with customers, co-workers and higher level managers
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and move around work environment as needed
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle if applicable
- Comply with company policies and procedure
- Must be able to able to remain in a stationary position up to 50% of the time
- The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
*Taylor Morrison experience and/or successful completion of training program may override required education and/or experience requirement.
Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.
Benefits of Working With Taylor Morrison
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the customer - and their needs - first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Welcome to the Taylor Morrison, Inc. Career Portal
In order to be the best in the industry, you have to surround yourself with the best people. At Taylor Morrison, Inc., we are committed to being the best North American homebuilder as measured by our employees, customers, shareholders, and business partners.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Taylor Morrison Home Corporation operates in the U.S. under the Taylor Morrison and Darling Homes brands. Taylor Morrison is a builder and developer of single-family detached and attached homes serving a wide array of customers including first-time, move-up, luxury, and active adult customers. Taylor Morrison divisions operate in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina and Texas. Darling Homes serves move-up and luxury homebuyers in Texas. In addition, Taylor Morrison also offers home financing though Taylor Morrison Home Funding, providing professional and knowledgeable home mortgage options.
Taylor Morrison, Inc. is always looking for dedicated professionals who share our values. Please use our Career Portal to view current job openings and apply for positions online.
Thank you for considering a career with Taylor Morrison, Inc.!
For more information about Taylor Morrison please visit www.taylormorrison.com.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R0005016