Design Center Consultant
Job Description SummaryAs a Design Consultant working for Taylor Morrison you will be working in our Design Center. You have an exciting opportunity to help a person’s dream of having a beautifully designed/decorated TM home come true. Creativity, sales and energy is what this role is all about. Work with the sales team and customers to determine factors affecting the selection of cabinets, flooring, bathroom fixtures, paint, bonus upgrades and changes of their soon to be new home based on preferences, purpose, and function.
We trust that as a Design Consultant you will: (responsibilities)
- Provide creative options to homeowners to assist in making their dream home become a reality
- Have a sales driven attitude to help increase sales and profits for division
- Inputs product item numbers into the design specification sheets on the computer and verify for accuracy
- Communicates any delays or issues to the Design Center Manager and Sales Associate
- Be able to speak confidently in front of important clients
- Be able to overcome objections and negotiate with customer while maintaining a positive and friendly environment
What you will need: (competencies, behaviors & attributes)
- Customer Focus
- Ethics & Integrity
- You have 1-3 years customer interfacing sales experience
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office Applications as well as have savvy computer skills
- You are very organized and good at documentation
- You are customer service oriented and believe customer is number one priority
- You understand the need to be flexible and prioritize tasks in order to meet deadlines
FLSA Status: Exempt
Will have responsibilities such as:
- Office or non-manual work, which is directly related to management or general business operations
- Act as a primary component of which involves the exercise of independent judgment and discretion about matters of significance
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Report to Division/Corporate Office/Community daily and adhere to schedule
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device
- Ability to have face to face conversations with customers, co-workers and higher level manager
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and move around work environment as needed
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle if applicable
- Comply with company policies and procedure
- Must be able to able to remain in a stationary position up to 50% of the time
- The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
*Taylor Morrison experience and/or successful completion of training program may override required education and/or experience requirement.
Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.
Benefits of Working With Taylor Morrison
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the customer - and their needs - first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Welcome to the Taylor Morrison, Inc. Career Portal
In order to be the best in the industry, you have to surround yourself with the best people. At Taylor Morrison, Inc., we are committed to being the best North American homebuilder as measured by our employees, customers, shareholders, and business partners.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Taylor Morrison Home Corporation operates in the U.S. under the Taylor Morrison and Darling Homes brands. Taylor Morrison is a builder and developer of single-family detached and attached homes serving a wide array of customers including first-time, move-up, luxury, and active adult customers. Taylor Morrison divisions operate in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina and Texas. Darling Homes serves move-up and luxury homebuyers in Texas. In addition, Taylor Morrison also offers home financing though Taylor Morrison Home Funding, providing professional and knowledgeable home mortgage options.
Taylor Morrison, Inc. is always looking for dedicated professionals who share our values. Please use our Career Portal to view current job openings and apply for positions online.
Thank you for considering a career with Taylor Morrison, Inc.!
For more information about Taylor Morrison please visit www.taylormorrison.com.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R0005056