Customer Service Associate
Job Description SummaryAs a Customer Service Associate working for Taylor Morrison you will be responsible for providing support to the division’s Warranty team. You will generate reports and schedule appointments for the Customer Service Representatives all while providing spectacular customer service.
We trust that as a Customer Service Associate you will: (responsibilities)
- Gain competence on input of data into the Newstar Warranty system
- Gain competence of Taylor Morrison procedures for conducting home reviews
- Gain competence in understanding the Taylor Morrison Warranty program and Homeowner Maintenance requirements
- Provide a high level of service to our customers and Service Representatives using guidelines established in Taylor Morrison’s 1-Year Warranty program
- Gain competence in Build-Pro to help Superintendents and Subcontractors with information retrieval
- Input and Dissemination of Warranty tickets and Home Reviews into Newstar and then distribute to appropriate personnel for completion
- Maintain office files
- Handle all escalated customer calls to include documentation, follow-up, and work to assure closure on every claim
- Administer Taylor Morrison’s 10 Year Structural Warranty Program to include claim analysis, follow-up, and work to assure closure on every claim
- Provide weekly tracking of all outstanding warranty work orders to the field, and update as required
- Process check requests for Building Permits and prepare Permit submittals and applications
- Complete Customer Service Requests timely and accurately
- Order, update and distribute construction related forms
- Prepare and submit building permits
- You are willing to perform other duties as assigned
What you will need: (competencies, behaviors & attributes)
- Customer Service Focused
- Team Player
- Customer Service experience with a residential homebuilder highly preferred
- Experience working with warranties preferred
- Ability to work evenings and some overtime required
- Newstar system experience helpful
- High school degree or equivalent required
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Problem solving skills
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Will have responsibilities such as:
This position is considered a non-exempt position for purposes of wage-hour law, which means that you will be required to keep a time record and will be eligible for overtime pay.
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Report to Division/Corporate Office/Community daily and adhere to schedule
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device
- Ability to have face to face conversations with customers, co-workers and higher level manager
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and move around work environment as needed
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle if applicable
- Comply with company policies and procedure
- Must be able to able to remain in a stationary position up to 50% of the time
- The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
*Taylor Morrison experience and/or successful completion of training program may override required education and/or experience requirement.
Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.
Benefits of Working With Taylor Morrison
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the customer - and their needs - first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Welcome to the Taylor Morrison, Inc. Career Portal
In order to be the best in the industry, you have to surround yourself with the best people. At Taylor Morrison, Inc., we are committed to being the best North American homebuilder as measured by our employees, customers, shareholders, and business partners.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Taylor Morrison Home Corporation operates in the U.S. under the Taylor Morrison and Darling Homes brands. Taylor Morrison is a builder and developer of single-family detached and attached homes serving a wide array of customers including first-time, move-up, luxury, and active adult customers. Taylor Morrison divisions operate in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina and Texas. Darling Homes serves move-up and luxury homebuyers in Texas. In addition, Taylor Morrison also offers home financing though Taylor Morrison Home Funding, providing professional and knowledgeable home mortgage options.
Taylor Morrison, Inc. is always looking for dedicated professionals who share our values. Please use our Career Portal to view current job openings and apply for positions online.
Thank you for considering a career with Taylor Morrison, Inc.!
For more information about Taylor Morrison please visit www.taylormorrison.com.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R0005034