Corporate Staff Accountant
Job Description SummaryAs a Staff Accountant, Corporate working for Taylor Morrison you will under management’s direction, perform professional accounting work including the examination, analysis, maintenance, reconciliation and verification of financial records, and perform related duties as required.
We trust that as a Staff Accountant, Corporate you will: (responsibilities)
- Assist in the preparation of the periodic consolidated financial statements, including quarterly and annual reports, by accumulating, preparing and analyzing supporting documentation
- Prepare monthly and quarterly journal entries
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of balance sheet accounts and bank statements
- Maintain fixed asset records for corporate level entities
- Collaborate in the drafting of MD&A and footnote disclosures
- Ensure that financial information is prepared timely, accurately and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and SEC reporting rules and regulations
- Identify potential accounting issues or areas for improvement
- Assist with research and documentation of emerging accounting guidance
- Prepare analyses and reconciliations of consolidated corporate accounts
- Assist in the maintenance of internal controls documentation related to corporate accounting to ensure compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Provide support to external auditors during audits and interim reviews; and
- Assist in special projects as needed which may include participation in analyzing, documenting and implementing new accounting standards and continuous improvement efforts related to the monthly and quarterly close process.
- You are willing to perform other duties as assigned
What you will need: (competencies, behaviors & attributes)
- Detail Oriented
- Ethics & Integrity
- Team Worker
About you: (requirements)
- Bachelor's degree in accounting and a minimum of 2 year of relevant experience either in public accounting or in a corporate role within the accounting and finance department
- CPA or CPA candidate
- Knowledge of US GAAP and SEC reporting regulations as well as experience with technical research and preparation of accounting white papers
- Strong analytical skills with an attention to detail, as well as competency with computer software applications
FLSA Status: Exempt
Will have responsibilities such as:
- Office or non-manual work, which is directly related to management or general business operations
- Act as a primary component of which involves the exercise of independent judgment and discretion about matters of significance
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Report to Division/Corporate Office/Community daily and adhere to schedule
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device
- Ability to have face to face conversations with customers, co-workers and higher level manager
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and move around work environment as needed
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle if applicable
- Comply with company policies and procedure
- Must be able to able to remain in a stationary position up to 50% of the time
- The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
*Taylor Morrison experience and/or successful completion of training program may override required education and/or experience requirement.
Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.
Benefits of Working With Taylor Morrison
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the customer - and their needs - first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Welcome to the Taylor Morrison, Inc. Career Portal
In order to be the best in the industry, you have to surround yourself with the best people. At Taylor Morrison, Inc., we are committed to being the best North American homebuilder as measured by our employees, customers, shareholders, and business partners.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Taylor Morrison Home Corporation operates in the U.S. under the Taylor Morrison and Darling Homes brands. Taylor Morrison is a builder and developer of single-family detached and attached homes serving a wide array of customers including first-time, move-up, luxury, and active adult customers. Taylor Morrison divisions operate in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina and Texas. Darling Homes serves move-up and luxury homebuyers in Texas. In addition, Taylor Morrison also offers home financing though Taylor Morrison Home Funding, providing professional and knowledgeable home mortgage options.
Taylor Morrison, Inc. is always looking for dedicated professionals who share our values. Please use our Career Portal to view current job openings and apply for positions online.
Thank you for considering a career with Taylor Morrison, Inc.!
For more information about Taylor Morrison please visit www.taylormorrison.com.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R0004882