Contracts & Closings Associate
Job Description SummaryAs a Contracts & Closings Associate working for Taylor Morrison you will maintain ongoing communications with the Lenders, Title Companies, Builders, and Sales team to promote a smooth process for the homebuyer from contract to closing.
We trust that as a Contracts & Closings Associate you will: (responsibilities)
- Maintain lender relationship for error-free closings
- Work with Title Company, Surveyors and Builders
- Maintain ongoing communications with Builders throughout building process
- Audit contracts for completeness and accuracy
- Process all paperwork for contracts, change orders, lender letters, earnest money and color selections
- Coordinate closing packages to Title Co.; ensure paperwork completeness (do not attend closings)
- Review HUD-1 for accuracy to file
- Input contract and option information into computer system
- Maintain pending sales report and monitor key areas of company concern
- Distribute signed/approved contract packages to appropriate departments
- Work with Sales Manager and Sales Associates to improve contract quality and monitor any corrections needed
- You are willing to perform other duties as assigned
What you will need: (competencies, behaviors & attributes)
- Critical Thinking
- Customer Centric
- Detail Oriented
- Ethics & Integrity
- Sense of Urgency
- 3+ years recent experience working with Contracts and Closings or Mortgage Banking (processing, closing, loan officer required)
- You are proficient in all Microsoft Office Applications as well as have savvy computer skills
- You are a strong in communication skills both oral and written as well as strong in organization skills
- You are customer service oriented and believe customer is number one priority
- You understand the need to be flexible and prioritize tasks in order to meet deadlines
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Will have responsibilities such as:
- This position is considered a non-exempt position for purposes of wage-hour law, which means that you will be required to keep a time record and will be eligible for overtime pay.
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Report to Division/Corporate Office/Community daily and adhere to schedule
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device
- Ability to have face to face conversations with customers, co-workers and higher level manager
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and move around work environment as needed
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle if applicable
- Comply with company policies and procedure
- Must be able to able to remain in a stationary position up to 50% of the time
- The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
*Taylor Morrison experience and/or successful completion of training program may override required education and/or experience requirement.
Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.
Benefits of Working With Taylor Morrison
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the customer - and their needs - first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Welcome to the Taylor Morrison, Inc. Career Portal
In order to be the best in the industry, you have to surround yourself with the best people. At Taylor Morrison, Inc., we are committed to being the best North American homebuilder as measured by our employees, customers, shareholders, and business partners.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Taylor Morrison Home Corporation operates in the U.S. under the Taylor Morrison and Darling Homes brands. Taylor Morrison is a builder and developer of single-family detached and attached homes serving a wide array of customers including first-time, move-up, luxury, and active adult customers. Taylor Morrison divisions operate in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina and Texas. Darling Homes serves move-up and luxury homebuyers in Texas. In addition, Taylor Morrison also offers home financing though Taylor Morrison Home Funding, providing professional and knowledgeable home mortgage options.
Taylor Morrison, Inc. is always looking for dedicated professionals who share our values. Please use our Career Portal to view current job openings and apply for positions online.
Thank you for considering a career with Taylor Morrison, Inc.!
For more information about Taylor Morrison please visit www.taylormorrison.com.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R0003984