Commercial Land Acquisition Asst. - FL
Job Description SummaryAs a Senior Title Officer Examiner working for Taylor Morrison you will be responsible for examining all types of title orders, including builder, residential retail, commercial and acreage orders, within company guidelines to determine the conditions of the title and insurability, by considering the effect of documents such as deeds, deeds of trust, mechanics liens, tax liens, judgments, assessments, probates and other matters of record. Also, the Title Examiner shall create and maintain good relationships with internal and external parties and shall, through actions and conduct, create a positive image of the company, to co-workers, customers and others.
We trust that as a Senior Title Officer Examiner you will: (responsibilities)
- Research, analyze and evaluate pertinent record documents for determination of ownership, legal descriptions, and any matters pertaining to title, using respective title plant software, including, but not limited to, geographic information, property surveys and legal description, title orders, customer information, ownership histories, physical address, terrorist watch list and name searches. This includes new home construction, residential retail, commercial and acreage (unimproved land) transactions
- Recognize title defects and formulate curative actions
- Assess risks and liabilities that may jeopardize the company, and bring these matters to the attention of the local title manager or senior management, as appropriate
- Make all basic underwriting decisions within established guidelines and act as liaison with various underwriting counsel as appropriate
- Prepare an accurate and compressive title commitment in accordance with company examining and policy procedures
- Maintain proper production levels and delivery standards on a daily basis.
- Review surveys prepared on properties, if applicable
- Work closely with the customer and escrow staff to meet time requirements for closing, and assist with answering questions; e.g., chain of title, exceptions, and requirements
- Updates title and judgment searches; ensures timely processing of associated documents, etc
- Assist policy department to insure company is in compliance with state insurance regulations
- You are willing to perform other duties as assigned
What you will need: (competencies, behaviors & attributes)
- Priority Setting
- Team Player
- High School diploma or equivalent; eight (8) years of title search, examination and curative experience/or training involving raw land, residential and commercial matters; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Licensed, where applicable
- Proficiency in local title plant search systems (such as Integrity and Title Data) and products in major metropolitan state counties
- Experience using title systems such as SoftPro, Ramquest, ResWare, etc
FLSA Status: Exempt
Will have responsibilities such as:
- Office or non-manual work, which is directly related to management or general business operations
- Act as a primary component of which involves the exercise of independent judgment and discretion about matters of significance
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Report to Division/Corporate Office/Community daily and adhere to schedule
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device
- Ability to have face to face conversations with customers, co-workers and higher level manager
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and move around work environment as needed
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle if applicable
- Comply with company policies and procedure
- Must be able to able to remain in a stationary position up to 50% of the time
- The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
*Taylor Morrison experience and/or successful completion of training program may override required education and/or experience requirement.
Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.
Benefits of Working With Taylor Morrison
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the customer - and their needs - first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Welcome to the Taylor Morrison, Inc. Career Portal
In order to be the best in the industry, you have to surround yourself with the best people. At Taylor Morrison, Inc., we are committed to being the best North American homebuilder as measured by our employees, customers, shareholders, and business partners.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Taylor Morrison Home Corporation operates in the U.S. under the Taylor Morrison and Darling Homes brands. Taylor Morrison is a builder and developer of single-family detached and attached homes serving a wide array of customers including first-time, move-up, luxury, and active adult customers. Taylor Morrison divisions operate in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina and Texas. Darling Homes serves move-up and luxury homebuyers in Texas. In addition, Taylor Morrison also offers home financing though Taylor Morrison Home Funding, providing professional and knowledgeable home mortgage options.
Taylor Morrison, Inc. is always looking for dedicated professionals who share our values. Please use our Career Portal to view current job openings and apply for positions online.
Thank you for considering a career with Taylor Morrison, Inc.!
For more information about Taylor Morrison please visit www.taylormorrison.com.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R0003550