CAD Design Coordinator
Job Description SummaryWe are searching for the right candidate to join our regional team as an AutoCAD Designer for our for our Dallas division.
- Provide direction, management and ownership to all drafting activity within Central Region
- Be part of the Quality control within the Central Region Architectural Services Group
- Support proper training of personnel within the drafting function
- Understand and support other functional areas of Taylor Morrison and Darling Homes
- Work with internal and external consultant teams to develop Drafting techniques appropriate across Central Region
- Manage drawings in both 2d Architectural CAD plans and / or 3d models
- Utilize common tool sets as defined within Taylor Morrison.
- Perform additional job functions deemed relevant and assigned by the Regional Director and or Architectural Manager.
- Check and verify all completed drawings done by outsources. checking working drawings from outsources against the drawings they initially prepared
- Assist in reviewing preliminary product development for value engineering within Central Region
- Ensure development of working drawings compliant with Central Region standards
- Inform all related parties of design changes as required
- Developing and overseeing the architectural production activities within Taylor Morrison Central Region
Tracks and maintains status of all software licenses and assignments. Oversees training for new users. Responsible for management of set up and maintenance of systems to track electronic documents and drawing files. Develops, implements and maintains a company wide set of standard of drafting and CAD standards.
Requirements/Preferred Knowledge & Experience
Knowledgeable in residential codes, wood construction, and working drawing preparation
Minimum Preferred 1 year Construction Field Experience
- Minimum Preferred 3 years Related Functional Experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of technical and procedural activities related to home building constructions including understanding plans / specs
- Related Functional Experience: Minimum 1-3 years CAD operations experience (specific knowledge of current version of Auto CAD Architecture required)
- Knowledge of residential construction techniques, construction documents, building codes and CAD concepts is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills and an effective communicator
- High energy with the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to work effectively on a fast-paced team in a professional environment
- Residential home building experience is a plus
- Software Skills - Word, Excel, and ACAD required
Benefits of Working With Taylor Morrison
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the customer - and their needs - first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Welcome to the Taylor Morrison, Inc. Career Portal
In order to be the best in the industry, you have to surround yourself with the best people. At Taylor Morrison, Inc., we are committed to being the best North American homebuilder as measured by our employees, customers, shareholders, and business partners.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Taylor Morrison Home Corporation operates in the U.S. under the Taylor Morrison and Darling Homes brands. Taylor Morrison is a builder and developer of single-family detached and attached homes serving a wide array of customers including first-time, move-up, luxury, and active adult customers. Taylor Morrison divisions operate in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina and Texas. Darling Homes serves move-up and luxury homebuyers in Texas. In addition, Taylor Morrison also offers home financing though Taylor Morrison Home Funding, providing professional and knowledgeable home mortgage options.
Taylor Morrison, Inc. is always looking for dedicated professionals who share our values. Please use our Career Portal to view current job openings and apply for positions online.
Thank you for considering a career with Taylor Morrison, Inc.!
For more information about Taylor Morrison please visit www.taylormorrison.com.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R0003337-1