Business Applications Analyst II
Job Description SummaryWe are searching for the right candidate to join our team at our corporate headquarter location based in Scottsdale, Arizona. This position is an IT Applications Analyst supporting our standard reporting initiative.
Primary objectives of this position are:
The objectives of the IT Applications Analyst are to review business requests, analyze data requirements, complete ETL development and deliver reports through our BI platform. The results will address end user needs and deliver high quality data solutions for reporting and analytical purposes. The IT Applications Analyst will be responsible for documenting requirements, defining project scope, developing new solutions using the Microsoft suite of ETL and reporting products including SSIS, SSRS, and Power BI. Some tasks will also require working knowledge of C# coding and Power Shell scripting. Each task will also include a component of testing ETL integration and delivering reporting solutions that parallel the overall business strategies as directed by the Taylor Morrison Leadership team, the CIO, and the Director of Corporate Applications.
The Applications Analyst should be self-motivated, reliable, and willing to learn new technologies while growing technical and business skills within the homebuilding industry. The Applications Analyst may perform a variety of complicated tasks and is expected to be able to use a wide degree of creativity and latitude and effectively collaborate with others in IT as well as the business.
These key project and support responsibilities are listed below:
- Learn the home building business enabling the candidate to engage in value-added solutions
- Facilitate periodic meetings needed to identify business needs, data requirements and objectives
- Document detailed business requirements and work closely with the business to address data and reporting needs
- Research legacy system and understand how the data is structured and data definitions within each system
- Write detailed description of user needs, program functions and steps required to implement, develop and/or modify ETL packages and reporting solutions.
- Conduct periodic end user sessions that identify process or system improvements, data needs for reporting, problem resolution and other IT related activities
- Build various integration packages using C# and SSIS.
- Build various report programs using T-SQL, SSRS, Power BI, and Power Shell scripting.
- Attend training to hone BI development skills including SSIS development, SSRS, Power BI, and Power Shell scripting
- Effectively manage project tasks and deliverables deploying various reporting solutions delivered from our BI platform
- Work and resolve all reported end user problem tickets on a daily basis in coordination with the Help Desk staff.
- Meet or exceed Service Level Agreements and standards defined by the business and IT.
- Develop and maintain all end user system documentation and training material
- Utilize pre-defined system standards and best practices
- Perform System Administration functions for all related business applications
- Complete testing of all new system deliverables and comply with change management practices throughout the SDLC process.
- Monitor compliance with corporate policies and procedures for all projects.
A bachelor’s degree in related field in Information Systems, Business Administration, or related field.
3-5 years of experience in Information Systems, BI report development, or related IT support position.
- Knowledge of the homebuilding industry including operational and financial concepts, processes and procedures.
- Experienced with relational database concepts
- Experience creating stored procedures using T-SQL coding best practices
- Experience with SSIS package development and ETL concepts
- Familiar with BI reporting tools such as SSRS, Power BI or other reporting tools
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
Ability to effectively communicate with technical and functional team members
- Experience identifying and working through process improvement activities related to systems and financial reporting
- Self-motivated individual with ability to work independently and take initiative to accomplish goals and objectives Strong knowledge using Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks which require strong computer and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Benefits of Working With Taylor Morrison
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the customer - and their needs - first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Welcome to the Taylor Morrison, Inc. Career Portal
In order to be the best in the industry, you have to surround yourself with the best people. At Taylor Morrison, Inc., we are committed to being the best North American homebuilder as measured by our employees, customers, shareholders, and business partners.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Taylor Morrison Home Corporation operates in the U.S. under the Taylor Morrison and Darling Homes brands. Taylor Morrison is a builder and developer of single-family detached and attached homes serving a wide array of customers including first-time, move-up, luxury, and active adult customers. Taylor Morrison divisions operate in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina and Texas. Darling Homes serves move-up and luxury homebuyers in Texas. In addition, Taylor Morrison also offers home financing though Taylor Morrison Home Funding, providing professional and knowledgeable home mortgage options.
Taylor Morrison, Inc. is always looking for dedicated professionals who share our values. Please use our Career Portal to view current job openings and apply for positions online.
Thank you for considering a career with Taylor Morrison, Inc.!
For more information about Taylor Morrison please visit www.taylormorrison.com.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R0002998-1