Job Description SummaryAs a Business Optimization Analyst working for Taylor Morrison you will work on cutting edge industry problems and be responsible for the success of our divisions. You will wear multiple hats including, but not limited to: marketing strategy, campaign optimization, product development, business intelligence, data management, and advanced analytics.
We trust that as a Business Optimization Analyst you will: (responsibilities)
- Develop and publish cost comparison reports
- Perform analytics related to house cost benchmarking and opportunity assessments
- Compare SKU level cost information across divisions
- Track and report house cost and rebate fluctuations
- Create and maintain specifications and options matrix
- Option take rate and margin analysis
- Opportunity identification and development of a gross margin improvement plan
- Provide analysis assistance to procurement projects
- Assists in the development of communication and reporting tools for various business optimization efforts across the organization
- You are willing to perform other duties as assigned
What you will need: (competencies, behaviors & attributes)
- Priority Setting
- Time Management
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Finance, Economics, or other business related field
- 2+ years of data or cost analysis, or related experience
- Familiarity or prior experience with production homebuilder
- 2+ years of procurement experience preferred
- Experience with various BI software preferred (Tableau, Microstrategy, Power BI, etc.)
- Strong Excel skills required, including, but not limited to macros, vlookups, pivot tables, nesting, and conditional formatting
- Research and data management skills; demonstrated ability to identify, analyze, interpret and summarize data
- Self-directed with ability to multi-task and adapt to a fast moving work environment
- Ability to communicate by presenting findings and translating data into an understandable document
- Ability to think critically by looking at numbers/trends and come to conclusions
FLSA Status: Exempt
Will have responsibilities such as:
- Office or non-manual work, which is directly related to management or general business operations
- Act as a primary component of which involves the exercise of independent judgment and discretion about matters of significance.
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Report to Division/Corporate Office/Community daily and adhere to schedule
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device
- Ability to have face to face conversations with customers, co-workers and higher level manager
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and move around work environment as needed
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle if applicable
- Comply with company policies and procedure
- Must be able to able to remain in a stationary position up to 50% of the time
- The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
*Taylor Morrison experience and/or successful completion of training program may override required education and/or experience requirement.
Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.
Benefits of Working With Taylor Morrison
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the customer - and their needs - first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Welcome to the Taylor Morrison, Inc. Career Portal
In order to be the best in the industry, you have to surround yourself with the best people. At Taylor Morrison, Inc., we are committed to being the best North American homebuilder as measured by our employees, customers, shareholders, and business partners.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Taylor Morrison Home Corporation operates in the U.S. under the Taylor Morrison and Darling Homes brands. Taylor Morrison is a builder and developer of single-family detached and attached homes serving a wide array of customers including first-time, move-up, luxury, and active adult customers. Taylor Morrison divisions operate in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina and Texas. Darling Homes serves move-up and luxury homebuyers in Texas. In addition, Taylor Morrison also offers home financing though Taylor Morrison Home Funding, providing professional and knowledgeable home mortgage options.
Taylor Morrison, Inc. is always looking for dedicated professionals who share our values. Please use our Career Portal to view current job openings and apply for positions online.
Thank you for considering a career with Taylor Morrison, Inc.!
For more information about Taylor Morrison please visit www.taylormorrison.com.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R0005039-1