BI Reporting Manager
Job Description SummaryAs a BI Reporting Manager working for Taylor Morrison you will lead a team of BI and reporting analysts supporting current business strategies and objectives, manage ETL development and deliver reports through our BI platform. The results will address end user needs and deliver high quality data solutions for reporting and analytical purposes. The BI Reporting Manager will also be responsible for defining project scope, developing new solutions using the Microsoft suite of ETL and reporting products including SSIS, SSRS, and Power BI. Some tasks will also require working knowledge of C# coding and Power Shell scripting. Each task will also include a component of testing ETL integration and delivering reporting solutions that parallel the overall business strategies as directed by the Taylor Morrison Leadership team, the CIO, and the Director of Business Intelligence.
We trust that as a BI Reporting Manager you will: (responsibilities)
- Manage project team to deliver reporting solutions to the business
- Learn the home building business enabling the candidate to engage in value-added solutions
- Facilitate periodic meetings with business sponsors to identify business objectives
- Work closely with the business to address data and reporting needs
- Research legacy system and understand how the data is structured and data definitions within each system
- Conduct periodic end user sessions that identify process or system improvements, data needs for reporting, problem resolution and other IT related activities
- Attend training to hone BI development skills including SSIS development, SSRS, Power BI, and Power Shell scripting
- Effectively manage the teams project tasks and deliverables deploying various reporting solutions delivered from our BI platform
- Manage team to address and resolve all reported end user problem tickets on a daily basis in coordination with the Help Desk staff
- Meet or exceed Service Level Agreements and standards defined by the business and IT
- Utilize pre-defined system standards and best practices
- Coordinate testing of all new system deliverables with the TM QA department and comply with change management practices throughout the SDLC process
- Monitor compliance with corporate policies and procedures for all projects.
- You are willing to perform other duties as assigned
What you will need: (competencies, behaviors & attributes)
- Business Acumen
- Customer Focus
- Developing Direct Reports and Others
- Drive for Results
- Priority Setting
- A bachelor’s degree in related field in Information Systems, Business Administration, or related field
- 5-10 years of experience in Information Systems, BI report development, or related IT support position.
- Knowledge of the homebuilding industry including operational and financial concepts, processes and procedures.
- Experienced with relational database concepts
- Experience creating stored procedures using T-SQL coding best practices
- Experience with SSIS package development and ETL concepts
- Familiar with BI reporting tools such as SSRS, Power BI or other reporting tools
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Ability to effectively communicate with technical and functional team members
- Experience identifying and working through process improvement activities related to systems and financial reporting
- Self-motivated individual with ability to work independently and take initiative to accomplish goals and objectives Strong knowledge using Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks which require strong computer and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
FLSA Status: Exempt
Will have responsibilities such as:
- Interviewing, selecting, and training employees
- Setting rates of pay and hours of work
- Appraising productivity; handling employee grievances or complaints, or disciplining employees
- Determining work techniques
- Planning the work
- Apportioning work among employees
- Determining the types of equipment to be used in performing work, or materials needed
- Planning budgets for work
- Monitoring work for legal or regulatory compliance
- Providing for safety and security of the workplace
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Report to Division/Corporate Office/Community daily and adhere to schedule
- Ability to oversee direct reports daily and provide guidance as needed
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device
- Ability to have face to face conversations with customers, co-workers and higher level manager
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and move around work environment as needed
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle
- Comply with company policies and procedure
- Must be able to able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time
- The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
*Taylor Morrison experience and/or successful completion of training program may override required education and/or experience requirement.
Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.
Benefits of Working With Taylor Morrison
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the customer - and their needs - first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Welcome to the Taylor Morrison, Inc. Career Portal
In order to be the best in the industry, you have to surround yourself with the best people. At Taylor Morrison, Inc., we are committed to being the best North American homebuilder as measured by our employees, customers, shareholders, and business partners.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Taylor Morrison Home Corporation operates in the U.S. under the Taylor Morrison and Darling Homes brands. Taylor Morrison is a builder and developer of single-family detached and attached homes serving a wide array of customers including first-time, move-up, luxury, and active adult customers. Taylor Morrison divisions operate in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina and Texas. Darling Homes serves move-up and luxury homebuyers in Texas. In addition, Taylor Morrison also offers home financing though Taylor Morrison Home Funding, providing professional and knowledgeable home mortgage options.
Taylor Morrison, Inc. is always looking for dedicated professionals who share our values. Please use our Career Portal to view current job openings and apply for positions online.
Thank you for considering a career with Taylor Morrison, Inc.!
For more information about Taylor Morrison please visit www.taylormorrison.com.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R0004124