Job Description SummaryAs an Assistant Superintendent working for Taylor Morrison you will be in a constant mode of training and learning. This is one of our entry level positions to introduce you to homebuilding, an exciting industry to be in. You will be assigned to a team member that will provide you leadership in your assigned community and help you with being responsible for managing the homebuilding process for assigned homes to ensure timely completion while meeting financial, quality, safety and customer satisfaction goals. The Assistant Superintendent responsibilities span a broad spectrum to include project planning/scheduling, resource allocation and subcontractor and subcontractor relations, cost management, safety and compliance, quality and customer satisfaction.
We trust that as an Assistant Superintendent you will: (responsibilities)
- Take on responsibility for learning the overall homebuilding process
- Be part of our team environment to ensure that effective communication, coordination of activities, and effective problem solve
- Develop and maintain positive subcontractor relations
- Ensure that subcontractors are managed and continually evaluated on quality, safety, scheduling and cost control measures
- Enforces the site safety program and ensures subcontractor compliance with Company standards and all applicable safety codes and regulations
- Support and assist the construction schedule and ensure that the highest quality product is delivered on time and within budget
- Provide clear answers to buyers about how the home is built
- Utilize the highest level of knowledge and expertise to help build and deliver quality homes ensuring the overall condition of the home at move in is satisfactory to the home buyers
- Provide a superior level of customer service during all phases of construction i.e. pre-construction meetings, new home demonstration/delivery, and post-close warranty issues. Ensures buyers are satisfied with the construction process
- You are willing to perform other duties as assigned
What you will need: (competencies, behaviors & attributes)
- Career Oriented
- Ethics & Integrity
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Open Minded to Opportunities
- Sense of Humor
About you: (requirements)
- You have at a minimum: High School Diploma/GED. An Associates or Technical degree in Construction or related field is preferred
- You are a quick learner
- You want to learn and grow in the Homebuilding industry
- You are proficient in all Microsoft Office Applications as well as have savvy computer skills
- You are a strong in communication skills both oral and written as well as strong in organization skills
- You are customer service oriented and believe customer is number one priority
- You understand the need to be flexible and prioritize tasks in order to meet deadlines
Benefits of Working With Taylor Morrison
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the customer - and their needs - first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Welcome to the Taylor Morrison, Inc. Career Portal
In order to be the best in the industry, you have to surround yourself with the best people. At Taylor Morrison, Inc., we are committed to being the best North American homebuilder as measured by our employees, customers, shareholders, and business partners.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Taylor Morrison Home Corporation operates in the U.S. under the Taylor Morrison and Darling Homes brands. Taylor Morrison is a builder and developer of single-family detached and attached homes serving a wide array of customers including first-time, move-up, luxury, and active adult customers. Taylor Morrison divisions operate in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina and Texas. Darling Homes serves move-up and luxury homebuyers in Texas. In addition, Taylor Morrison also offers home financing though Taylor Morrison Home Funding, providing professional and knowledgeable home mortgage options.
Taylor Morrison, Inc. is always looking for dedicated professionals who share our values. Please use our Career Portal to view current job openings and apply for positions online.
Thank you for considering a career with Taylor Morrison, Inc.!
For more information about Taylor Morrison please visit www.taylormorrison.com.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R0003119