Area Sales Manager
Job Description SummaryAs an Area Sales Manager working for Taylor Morrison you will be leading, developing, and managing our spectacular sales team members, all the while achieving and exceeding sales and closing goals. You are part of the leadership team and have an exciting opportunity to help a person’s dream of owning a home come true.
We trust that as an Area Sales Manager you will: (responsibilities)
- To recruit, train and develop sales associates
- To manage field sales of assigned communities and achieve assigned communities’ sales goals
- To support Sales Associates in achieving sales objectives in a manner that is consistent with good business practices and that adheres to company policies, procedures and core values
- Travel to assigned communities within region weekly (occasional weekend work)
- Develop, monitor and maintain sales plans for each assigned community, with Vice President Sales and Marketing
- Train and coach sales associates in basic selling skills on a continuing basis
- Recruit, motivate and evaluate Sales Staff
- Assist Sr. Sales Associates and Sales Associates in achieving sales objectives for each community
- Prepare sales center staffing schedules
- Gather and analyze competitive data for market analysis, with Vice President Sales and Marketing
- Review and analyze mystery shops of Sales Staff
- Insure current and accurate sales materials are in each community
- Monitor follow-up of Sales Staff
- Train Sales Staff on current computer system
- Participate in weekly sales meetings
- Understand how Sales affects, as is affected by, other Departments through consistent interaction with those departments
- Maintain and manage customer backlog
- Interface with customers when necessary
- Engage problem solving skills when necessary
- You are willing to perform other duties as assigned
What you will need: (competencies, behaviors & attributes)
- Business Acumen
- Customer Focus
- Developing Direct Reports and Others
- Drive for Results
- Priority Setting
- Associate degree in Business or related field or at least five years of on-site sales experience (preferably with a production builder)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Good organizational habits
- Computer literacy
- Possesses leadership qualities?
- Prior management experience is preferred but not required
FLSA Status: Exempt
Will have responsibilities such as:
- Interviewing, selecting, and training employees;
- Setting rates of pay and hours of work;
- Appraising productivity; handling employee grievances or complaints, or disciplining employees;
- Determining work techniques;
- Planning the work;
- Apportioning work among employees;
- Determining the types of equipment to be used in performing work, or materials needed;
- Planning budgets for work;
- Monitoring work for legal or regulatory compliance;
- Providing for safety and security of the workplace
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Report to Division/Corporate Office/Community daily and adhere to schedule
- Ability to oversee direct reports daily and provide guidance as needed
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device
- Ability to have face to face conversations with customers, co-workers and higher level manager
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and move around work environment as needed
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle
- Comply with company policies and procedure
- Must be able to able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time
- The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
*Taylor Morrison experience and/or successful completion of training program may override required education and/or experience requirement.
Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.
Benefits of Working With Taylor Morrison
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the customer - and their needs - first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Welcome to the Taylor Morrison, Inc. Career Portal
In order to be the best in the industry, you have to surround yourself with the best people. At Taylor Morrison, Inc., we are committed to being the best North American homebuilder as measured by our employees, customers, shareholders, and business partners.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Taylor Morrison Home Corporation operates in the U.S. under the Taylor Morrison and Darling Homes brands. Taylor Morrison is a builder and developer of single-family detached and attached homes serving a wide array of customers including first-time, move-up, luxury, and active adult customers. Taylor Morrison divisions operate in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina and Texas. Darling Homes serves move-up and luxury homebuyers in Texas. In addition, Taylor Morrison also offers home financing though Taylor Morrison Home Funding, providing professional and knowledgeable home mortgage options.
Taylor Morrison, Inc. is always looking for dedicated professionals who share our values. Please use our Career Portal to view current job openings and apply for positions online.
Thank you for considering a career with Taylor Morrison, Inc.!
For more information about Taylor Morrison please visit www.taylormorrison.com.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R0004864