Area Construction Manager
Job Description SummaryWe are searching for the right candidate to join our team as an Area Construction Manager for our Bay Area Division.
- Provide field leadership for all construction activities.
- Hire, train, manage and motivate direct reports on the construction team.
- Ensure that the highest quality product is delivered on time and within budget.
- Provide the highest level of customer service and satisfaction delivered in a timely and efficient manner.
- Provide managerial leadership of all warranty activities.
- Work collaboratively with all functional peers.
- Ensure department works and operates within budgetary requirements.
- Create referrals through superior customer satisfaction.
- Ensure that our Labor Trades are following OSHA Rules and Regulations and provided weekly feedback on their performance.
- Ensure that all construction positions are well staffed with individuals that are competent in technical abilities, cost control measures, administrative, and customer service calls.
- Assists the VP of Construction and Division President to provide training to the Construction team.
- Manage construction budgets on each home.
- Ensure that all shortages/overages on Construction budgets are reported.
- Foster a team environment with Superintendents and Sales and Marketing to ensure that good communication, coordination of activities and effective problem solving occurs.
- Recruit and continuously evaluate subcontractors for quality standards and scheduling deadlines.
- Support land acquisition and development activities as needed.
- Ensure the understanding of and adherence to the safety program by all construction personnel.
- Ensure that all construction personnel are trained and knowledgeable of our warranty program.
- Monitor and ensure that the schedule is met on each home.
- Monitor and ensure the success of the Quality Control process.
- Monitor and ensure that our Construction Managers are performing within the established goal of 90% for our 30 Day and 10 Month Customer Satisfaction Survey results.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Business or other related field and/or have 3-5 years experience in a similar management-level position with a high-volume homebuilder.
- Five years direct experience in progressively responsible positions with a production homebuilder.
- General Contractor’s license as applicable.
- Computer literacy.
- Formal OSHA training is preferred.
- Strong relationship skills.
- Strong self-organization skills.
Benefits of Working With Taylor Morrison
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the customer - and their needs - first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Welcome to the Taylor Morrison, Inc. Career Portal
In order to be the best in the industry, you have to surround yourself with the best people. At Taylor Morrison, Inc., we are committed to being the best North American homebuilder as measured by our employees, customers, shareholders, and business partners.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Taylor Morrison Home Corporation operates in the U.S. under the Taylor Morrison and Darling Homes brands. Taylor Morrison is a builder and developer of single-family detached and attached homes serving a wide array of customers including first-time, move-up, luxury, and active adult customers. Taylor Morrison divisions operate in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina and Texas. Darling Homes serves move-up and luxury homebuyers in Texas. In addition, Taylor Morrison also offers home financing though Taylor Morrison Home Funding, providing professional and knowledgeable home mortgage options.
Taylor Morrison, Inc. is always looking for dedicated professionals who share our values. Please use our Career Portal to view current job openings and apply for positions online.
Thank you for considering a career with Taylor Morrison, Inc.!
For more information about Taylor Morrison please visit www.taylormorrison.com.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R0002567-1