Job Description SummaryAs an Architectural Coordinator working for Taylor Morrison you will be responsible for the coordination of product development and plan management processes in order to provide accurate takeoffs and field execution for all plans built by Taylor Morrison.
We trust that as an Architectural Coordinator you will: (responsibilities)
- Produce and maintain accurate option catalog for all plans built by Taylor Morrison
- Maintain plans in Buzzsaw controlling the release of new plans and updated plans to our vendors, builders and sales
- Schedule and facilitate plan review sessions with builder, vendors and purchasing. Follow up ownership for architecture updates resulting from the review sessions
- Conduct prototype walks on all frames of new plans built. Report any corrections to purchasing through plan revision process
- Participate in field inspections to ensure accurate execution of current plans and materials
- Ensure builders utilize plan revision process; track and facilitate any request through to implementation
- Provide support to builders in field through field inspections and takeoff research
- Research new products and assist Purchasing Manager in determining products to be used; research products as needed and prepare cost comparisons of proposed products
- Interface with IT department on special projects relating to bidding and cost maintenance projects
- Architectural Services: Identify and communicate any issues with plans and layouts to Purchasing Manager and Purchasing Field Analysts
- You are willing to perform other duties as assigned
What you will need: (competencies, behaviors & attributes)
- Critical/Analytical Thinking
- Customer Service Oriented
- Highly Motivated
- Positive Attitude
- Quick Learner
- College Degree (Bachelors) - Prefer Construction Science, Architecture or Engineering
- Experience in On Screen Takeoff Software, AutoCAD, Timberline Microsoft Outlook, and Excel preferred
- Residential Construction or Design experience preferred
- Understanding of estimating process, home design, architecture, pricing, building cost and takeoff procedures
- Effective communication skills
- Goal oriented with ability to demonstrate positive results
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Will have responsibilities such as:
- This position is considered a non-exempt position for purposes of wage-hour law, which means that you will be required to keep a time record and will be eligible for overtime pay.
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Report to Division/Corporate Office/Community daily and adhere to schedule
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device
- Ability to have face to face conversations with customers, co-workers and higher level manager
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and move around work environment as needed
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle if applicable
- Comply with company policies and procedure
- Must be able to able to remain in a stationary position up to 50% of the time
- The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
*Taylor Morrison experience and/or successful completion of training program may override required education and/or experience requirement.
Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.
Benefits of Working With Taylor Morrison
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the customer - and their needs - first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Welcome to the Taylor Morrison, Inc. Career Portal
In order to be the best in the industry, you have to surround yourself with the best people. At Taylor Morrison, Inc., we are committed to being the best North American homebuilder as measured by our employees, customers, shareholders, and business partners.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Taylor Morrison Home Corporation operates in the U.S. under the Taylor Morrison and Darling Homes brands. Taylor Morrison is a builder and developer of single-family detached and attached homes serving a wide array of customers including first-time, move-up, luxury, and active adult customers. Taylor Morrison divisions operate in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina and Texas. Darling Homes serves move-up and luxury homebuyers in Texas. In addition, Taylor Morrison also offers home financing though Taylor Morrison Home Funding, providing professional and knowledgeable home mortgage options.
Taylor Morrison, Inc. is always looking for dedicated professionals who share our values. Please use our Career Portal to view current job openings and apply for positions online.
Thank you for considering a career with Taylor Morrison, Inc.!
For more information about Taylor Morrison please visit www.taylormorrison.com.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R0004632