Accounts Payable Manager
Job Description SummaryThe Accounts Payable Manager is responsible for leading the centralized accounts payable team, including processing construction, development and overhead related invoices relating to multiple divisions and states. Collaboratively works with all divisions, departments and trade partners to ensure the department appropriately processes payments and responds to internal and external inquires.
- Oversee full cycle accounts payable process.
- Manage, lead and develop accounts payable team; provide training and guidance to direct reports to build a strong, cohesive and efficient team.
- Ensure adherence to all AP policies and procedures.
- Effectively develop AP policies, procedures and best practices where needed.
- Acts as subject matter expert for AP for system implementations/enhancements.
- Proactively identifies cost savings, and/or cash management techniques to increase working capital efficiency.
- Ensure compliance with identified key controls for SOX 404 purposes.
- Ensure all invoices/POs are paid within terms.
- Interact with division and corporate accounting teams to obtain accurate general ledger coding information and resolve payables-related problems.
- Demonstrate "Service Excellence" in all interactions with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrate flexibility while operating in a highly professional manner.
- Assist with month end as it relates to accounts payable.
- Oversee the processing of W-9s and the preparation and reporting of 1099s.
- Train and supervise accounts payable staff to ensure timely and accurate processing of payments through obtaining properly approved invoices, committing documents, backup information and lien releases.
- Develop and maintain the Company’s accounts payable policies and procedures manual.
- Audit to ensure correct GL account number coding and approvals are utilized by Accounts Payable Administrators.
- Train and audit staff to ensure proper lien release procedures are followed.
- Ensure department recordkeeping is organized and records are easily accessible, with proper backup information.
- Handle inquiries regarding invoice status and administers vendor holds and back-charges.
- Resolve questions and complaints from internal departments and/or external business partners.
- May be asked to assist in the preparation of financial statement schedules.
- Oversee all petty cash activity, reconciliation and requests for funding.
- Ensure staff is trained and properly verifies that subcontractor and vendor Certificates of Insurance are valid/up to date. Acts as point of contract to resolve issues as needed.
- Technical knowledge of accounts payable best practices, including autopay.
- Advanced proficiencies in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required.
- Experience with accounting systems and software, Newstar preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business related field preferred.
- Minimum 4 years of previous accounts payable experience or related experience, including supervisory experience, preferred.
- Residential home-building / construction accounting experience preferred.
- Credit report in good standing.
- Ability to respond to high level inquiries or complaints from vendors.
- Ability to think critically, manage and prioritize a demanding work load.
- Ability to analyze problems and recommend solutions.
- Highly motivated, quick learner and positive attitude.
- Excellent organizational skills, focus on customer service, and attention to detail
Benefits of Working With Taylor Morrison
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the customer - and their needs - first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Welcome to the Taylor Morrison, Inc. Career Portal
In order to be the best in the industry, you have to surround yourself with the best people. At Taylor Morrison, Inc., we are committed to being the best North American homebuilder as measured by our employees, customers, shareholders, and business partners.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Taylor Morrison Home Corporation operates in the U.S. under the Taylor Morrison and Darling Homes brands. Taylor Morrison is a builder and developer of single-family detached and attached homes serving a wide array of customers including first-time, move-up, luxury, and active adult customers. Taylor Morrison divisions operate in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina and Texas. Darling Homes serves move-up and luxury homebuyers in Texas. In addition, Taylor Morrison also offers home financing though Taylor Morrison Home Funding, providing professional and knowledgeable home mortgage options.
Taylor Morrison, Inc. is always looking for dedicated professionals who share our values. Please use our Career Portal to view current job openings and apply for positions online.
Thank you for considering a career with Taylor Morrison, Inc.!
For more information about Taylor Morrison please visit www.taylormorrison.com.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R0004859