Accounts Payable Administrator
Job Description SummaryThe Accounts Payable Administrator is responsible for processing construction, development and overhead related invoices relating to multiple divisions and states. Collaboratively works with all departments and trade partners to ensure appropriate payment and response to internal and external inquires.
- Ensure all invoices/POs are paid within terms.
- Interact with vendors and accounting teams to obtain accurate general ledger coding information and resolve payables-related problems.
- Review accounts payable edits for errors and ensure any necessary corrections are made.
- Demonstrate "Service Excellence" in all interactions with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrate flexibility while operating in a highly professional manner.
- Manage vendor relations.
- Assist with month end as it relates to accounts payable.
- Sort and distribute incoming invoices and paperwork on a daily basis
- Process high volume of invoices and purchase orders
- Issue checks/EFT payments in a timely manner consistent with the AP payment schedule
- Prepare and issue daily "Rush Check" payments
- Manage 20-day preliminary lien notices and lien waivers to ensure compliance by trades and vendors
- Respond to vendor inquiries and research any aged payables
- Setup and maintain vendor records
- File and maintain accounting records and store/transition files at year end
- Ensure timely return of invoices distributed to department heads for approval
- Productively provide Accounts Payable Supervisor and Controller with divisional financial information as required
- Additional support functions as needed
- Technical knowledge of accounts payable best practices
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required.
- Experience with accounting systems and software, Newstar preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum 2 - 4 years of previous accounts payable experience or related experience preferred.
- Residential home-building / construction accounting experience preferred.
- Credit report in good standing.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from vendors.
- Ability to think critically, manage and prioritize a demanding work load.
- Ability to analyze problems and recommend solutions.
- Highly motivated, quick learner and positive attitude.
- Excellent organizational skills, focus on customer service, and attention to detail
Benefits of Working With Taylor Morrison
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the customer - and their needs - first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Welcome to the Taylor Morrison, Inc. Career Portal
In order to be the best in the industry, you have to surround yourself with the best people. At Taylor Morrison, Inc., we are committed to being the best North American homebuilder as measured by our employees, customers, shareholders, and business partners.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Taylor Morrison Home Corporation operates in the U.S. under the Taylor Morrison and Darling Homes brands. Taylor Morrison is a builder and developer of single-family detached and attached homes serving a wide array of customers including first-time, move-up, luxury, and active adult customers. Taylor Morrison divisions operate in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina and Texas. Darling Homes serves move-up and luxury homebuyers in Texas. In addition, Taylor Morrison also offers home financing though Taylor Morrison Home Funding, providing professional and knowledgeable home mortgage options.
Taylor Morrison, Inc. is always looking for dedicated professionals who share our values. Please use our Career Portal to view current job openings and apply for positions online.
Thank you for considering a career with Taylor Morrison, Inc.!
For more information about Taylor Morrison please visit www.taylormorrison.com.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R0005424