Accounts Payable Administrator I, Corporate
Job Description SummaryAs an Accounts Payable Administrator I working for Taylor Morrison you will be responsible for processing construction, development and overhead related invoices relating to multiple divisions and states. Collaboratively works with all departments and trade partners to ensure appropriate payment and response to internal and external inquires.
We trust that as an Accounts Payable Administrator you will: (responsibilities)
- Ensure all invoices/POs are paid within terms
- Interact with vendors and accounting teams to obtain accurate general ledger coding information and resolve payables-related problems
- Review accounts payable edits for errors and ensure any necessary corrections are made
- Demonstrate "Service Excellence" in all interactions with internal and external customers
- Demonstrate flexibility while operating in a highly professional manner
- Manage vendor relations
- Assist with month end as it relates to accounts payable
- Sort and distribute incoming invoices and paperwork on a daily basis
- Process high volume of invoices and purchase orders
- Issue checks/EFT payments in a timely manner consistent with the AP payment schedule
- Process utility payments and monitor timely disconnect of services
- Prepare and issue daily "Rush Check" payments
- Manage 20-day preliminary lien notices and lien waivers to ensure compliance by trades and vendors
- Respond to vendor inquiries and research any aged payables
- Setup and maintain vendor records
- File and maintain accounting records and store/transition files at year end
- Ensure timely return of invoices distributed to department heads for approval
- Productively provide Accounts Payable Supervisor and Controller with divisional financial information as required
- You are willing to perform other duties as assigned
What you will need: (competencies, behaviors & attributes)
- Critical/Analytical Thinking
- Customer Service Oriented
- Highly Motivated
- Positive Attitude
- Quick Learner
- Technical knowledge of accounts payable best practices
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required
- Experience with accounting systems and software, Newstar preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum 2 - 4 years of previous accounts payable experience or related experience
- Residential home-building / construction accounting experience preferred
- Credit report in good standing
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Will have responsibilities such as:
- This position is considered a non-exempt position for purposes of wage-hour law, which means that you will be required to keep a time record and will be eligible for overtime pay.
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Report to Division/Corporate Office/Community daily and adhere to schedule
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device
- Ability to have face to face conversations with customers, co-workers and higher level manager
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and move around work environment as needed
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle if applicable
- Comply with company policies and procedure
- Must be able to able to remain in a stationary position up to 50% of the time
- The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
*Taylor Morrison experience and/or successful completion of training program may override required education and/or experience requirement.
Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.
Benefits of Working With Taylor Morrison
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the customer - and their needs - first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Welcome to the Taylor Morrison, Inc. Career Portal
In order to be the best in the industry, you have to surround yourself with the best people. At Taylor Morrison, Inc., we are committed to being the best North American homebuilder as measured by our employees, customers, shareholders, and business partners.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Taylor Morrison Home Corporation operates in the U.S. under the Taylor Morrison and Darling Homes brands. Taylor Morrison is a builder and developer of single-family detached and attached homes serving a wide array of customers including first-time, move-up, luxury, and active adult customers. Taylor Morrison divisions operate in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina and Texas. Darling Homes serves move-up and luxury homebuyers in Texas. In addition, Taylor Morrison also offers home financing though Taylor Morrison Home Funding, providing professional and knowledgeable home mortgage options.
Taylor Morrison, Inc. is always looking for dedicated professionals who share our values. Please use our Career Portal to view current job openings and apply for positions online.
Thank you for considering a career with Taylor Morrison, Inc.!
For more information about Taylor Morrison please visit www.taylormorrison.com.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R0004754